Slitherine Home of Wargamers 2021+ Live event

Started by Boggit, May 05, 2021, 06:21:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

Quote from: Destraex on May 12, 2021, 06:53:01 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on May 12, 2021, 04:34:45 AM
Quote from: demjansk1942 on May 12, 2021, 04:24:20 AM
I noticed that some Battle of Britain style of game is coming out, something turn based?  Anyone have an idea on this one?  I read it somewhere but forgot

Scramble: Battle of Britain

A simultaneous turn-based dogfighting game.
Set in a 3D airspace, the game features dynamic flight physics for the best and most realistic tactical combat experience. The Luftwaffe and RAF fighter squadrons go head-to-head over the English Channel. Competing players simultaneously issue control inputs for multiple aircraft while time is paused.

WEGO then? If so I am so freakin parmped!

Looks like...

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1530450/Scramble_Battle_of_Britain/

I also will be keeping an eye on the Stargate and MoM games.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Gusington

Wow Scramble looks insane. If they can pull it off it would be...bowel-quaking.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Quote from: Gusington on May 12, 2021, 09:30:04 AM

I'd rather play Scramble then drink Kefir to quake my bowels!

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

jamus34

Quote from: Destraex on May 12, 2021, 08:52:37 AM
Quote from: jamus34 on May 12, 2021, 07:49:55 AM
I'm actually shocked someone is moving forward with a Stargate game. It's been over a decade since theirs been any media on that IP (the railed SG Universe show).

I just can't see they gaining anything in using it for a game. Just seems odd, unless this is strictly a game to keep the IP from reverting.

Perhaps the IP was cheap and they got fairly free artistic license with the game for it. I tried watching stargate again a year or so ago and found it had not aged well by the way. I really want to see if babylon 5 has aged well though... that recently got touched up.

True, but at this point I just don't know what kind of value it would give you.

the show is complete cheese, but in a faux 80's type of way. Plus the one "Groundhog Day" episode was pure gold.
Insert witty comment here.

FarAway Sooner

I tried rewatching Bab5 about 10 years ago and couldn't make it through the first seven or eight episodes.  The dialogue was terrible, the acting was wooden, and the foreshadowing was melodramatic.

Destraex

I think I agree. Back when I was a young lad watching these shows. My imagination took me with them without noticing as much cheese. As an older adult and with all the progress in society since then it's harder to suspend disbelief.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Zulu1966

Quote from: Gusington on May 12, 2021, 09:30:04 AM

Yep. I so hope they can. Although I sincerely hope the "Planning is time limited" bit can be turned off...

Excellent descriptive - I shall be using that more in conversation going forward.

"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd