Author Topic: Enlisted: War Thunder with an infantry POV  (Read 1627 times)

Offline MengJiao

• Landsknecht
Re: Enlisted: War Thunder with an infantry POV
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2021, 07:25:13 AM »
Gave this game a whirl today and I'm pleasantly surprised with it.  Satisfying bolt-action battles with some armor to mix things up.  Reminds me a lot of Battlefield but a bit more "realistic."  I really like the AI squad system even if they get in your way sometimes.  Also, I like the way squads cool down after you wipe, and it seems like you can always pick what you want and mix things up.  I haven't found myself getting "denied" a tank or sniper rifle just because some other player was faster clicking on it.

Just a few minor observations: 1) There are limits to planes and tanks available at particular times (I think only one plane per side and 2 tanks, but that might be by scenario)
                                                2) I've never had trouble getting a sniper rifle since you can have a certain number per squad for certain types of squads -- I prefer not to use them since I'm either in a tank or calling in artillery or trying to get somewhere.  For defense, I put the squad on defense and then target them where I suspect the enemy will turn up...the "enemy spotted" intervention is treated by the AI as "watch out over there" and can be pretty effective.  While the AI dudes are not particularly good shots, it does keep them busy and they do get some surprising hits occasionally.
                                                3) Why just last night, I was busy on the radio calling in artillery, when the enemy overran my little house (little houses are easier to defend).  I was resigned to having my radio team wiped out and sure enough, the second Gefritter in did kill my fearless leader, but the survivors pulled themselves together even as I was busy watching the kill cam and my dude with a shotgun got my killer and somebody clubbed the next one to death in the mud room before I could so much as punch the "I'll be this guy" button.  After that I called in artillery fire on the little house and we held out against all other attacks by hiding under a table for the Win.

Offline MengJiao

• Landsknecht
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2021, 01:10:34 PM »

I didn't take this picture.  It's from a review that does give some good advice about hatchet use (that's not an axe, but hey its a Russian game):

Offline MengJiao

• Landsknecht
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2021, 07:01:06 AM »