Title is obviously in Hebrew

Plan to play:

- Stars in Shadow
- Conflict Desert Storm
- Stronghold Warlords

And else....

al_infierno

So which of those words did you replace with "Friday"?  :-"

I got mods working on my Insurgency co-op server so I'll prolly be shooting some baddies this weekend.  Also been on a big Project Zomboid kick for that cooperative zombie survival sandboxing.  The power grid went down about a week ago and we've been scrounging for a generator since with no luck.  There's a mass grave of dead zombies in front of our hideout and boy, does it seem stinky.  No wonder more and more zombies keep wandering in!  Time to make some Molotovs...
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

CJReich46

Distant Worlds Universe- Bacon Mod.

- it adds gravity wells to systems so your early pre-warp is crucial. There's other things it adds too.

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

solops

"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: al_infierno on May 28, 2021, 03:46:12 PM
I got mods working on my Insurgency co-op server so I'll prolly be shooting some baddies this weekend.  Also been on a big Project Zomboid kick for that cooperative zombie survival sandboxing.  The power grid went down about a week ago and we've been scrounging for a generator since with no luck.  There's a mass grave of dead zombies in front of our hideout and boy, does it seem stinky.  No wonder more and more zombies keep wandering in!  Time to make some Molotovs...

Which version of Insurgency?  Personally preferred the first iteration (as well as Day of Infamy, and poo on those fellers for letting that one rot in the field) but am overall happy with the series. 

al_infierno

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on May 28, 2021, 07:29:56 PM

Which version of Insurgency?  Personally preferred the first iteration (as well as Day of Infamy, and poo on those fellers for letting that one rot in the field) but am overall happy with the series.

Yeah, the first one.  Fully agreed, the first standalone version of Insurgency is one of my all-time favorite multiplayer shooters.  I prefer it vastly over the Unreal Engine version that came out more recently.  That one was all right, but I wasn't a fan of the engine change cause I'm a bit of a Source fanboy.   :crazy2:  Honestly though, even with mods, the player models look way less janky in the original since there's no dumb aesthetic customization, and the insurgents actually look like insurgents and not vaguely middle eastern college students who dressed up for a frat party.  Plus, it's cool how you can recognize what armor level someone is wearing by their player model.  I wasn't at all a fan of the cosmetics store where you have to buy or unlock different colored shemaghs or whatever.

Also, I just like the voice acting way more in the first one.... Call it nostalgia, but the sensation of terror and butthole puckering in the voice when your guy gets shot at or screams "ARE PEE GEEEEEE!" is much more convincing than the "professional" voice actors they got for the new game, even if there's more variety to the voices instead of everyone just sounding like one dude.

And yeah, they did DoI really dirty by leaving it to hang.   :'(

If you or anyone else feels like jumping on my server, it's called SithAdmin's Server... it uses the 35 Angry Bots armory mod with expanded weapons and a medic class.  I don't always have it online, since it runs on a VM on my computer, but I plan on playing fairly heavily this weekend.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Anguille

So which of those words did you replace with "Friday"?  :-"
ום שישי is friday. The song basically means it's my turn. You have to read from right to left (like arab).

MengJiao

Quote from: al_infierno on May 28, 2021, 07:42:46 PM
Time to make some Molotovs...

It's my cue to put in something noting my days in Enlisted!  Yep, this weekend I'll be:
1) Working on Unity (speaking of game engines, this one covers the geo-strategic terrain and VR realms pretty well
for what I want to do...actually no VR, just triremes, treasuries, oarsmen and mercenaries)
2) Shooting bots and whatnot in Enlisted
3) Boardgames
4) going back to unity basics rather than using the not-so-basic unity-based game engine behind Halls of Montyzooma, Afrika Korps and Winter War. 

Myrmidon

More Dominions 5 for me.  The Grogsgame is getting real, with TheMeInTeam gobbling everyone up as usual.   :2funny:

Got a MP match going in FoG 2 as well.  My Cushite Army of light troops, archers and Nubian Cavalry is squaring off against some tough Hebrew Infantry and Assyrian style chariots.  It's  a close match right now, but I've got nothing to match that iron fist of theirs other than speed and harassment.

Pete Dero

nelmsm

PBEM files, some JTS playtesting, WitE2 solo, and a Japan '46 solo. Have to do the chair set up for the Memorial Day Service here as my lodge is providing the folding chairs and the grand poobah will be laying a wreath along with others.

Redwolf

I want to play on the beach for the Bethpage airshow tomorrow. Looks like rain, a little concerned that performers cancel because of the weather.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Redwolf on May 29, 2021, 09:53:43 AM
I want to play on the beach for the Bethpage airshow tomorrow. Looks like rain, a little concerned that performers cancel because of the weather.

You're on Long Island?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Redwolf

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 29, 2021, 10:05:01 AM
Quote from: Redwolf on May 29, 2021, 09:53:43 AM

You're on Long Island?

No, I'm driving up from Philly.

Today was canceled.

CapnKirk

Some Order of Battle and wrangling kids.