STARFIELD - Star Citizen for the Xbox? Trailer presentation.

Started by Destraex, June 15, 2021, 08:51:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destraex

The trailer does make it look like star citizen. They say this game is 25 years in the making. Predating star citizen by 17 years or so. So I expect it will have many more features than star citizen does. Should be very good.

Of course that 25yrs is marketing BS.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

FarAway Sooner

25 years in the making?  So they started work on it using Win 95 and COBOL source code?   Or were they doing work on a state-of-the-art Apple LC III?

:D

I'm not knocking the game.  We can never have too many good games.  I just think about how much in the world has changed over the last 25 years and wonder how somebody could work on a computer game for that long.

Jarhead0331

Looks cool, but doesn't tell us anything about the actual game play.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Skoop

Also, if this is xbox only, then I'm out.  But I'm sure they'll port it to the pc crowd like they did with red dead.  Could be cool, could have alot of the things we want in star citizen right now, but nothing will beat the sim level ship combat that SC has.  I bet this game will have arcadey ships but a great open world to make up for it.

Thomm

Quote from: FarAway Sooner on June 16, 2021, 12:11:29 PM
25 years in the making?  So they started work on it using Win 95 and COBOL source code?   

C++ is 36 years old. No need for COBOL.

Best regards,
Thomm

al_infierno

Also, who knows if "25 years in the making" actually translates to "the current source code has been in development for 25 years."  That timeline could include early conceptualization, prototypes restarted from scratch, securing funding and hiring talent, etc.

Quote from: Skoop on June 16, 2021, 01:48:21 PM
Also, if this is xbox only, then I'm out.  But I'm sure they'll port it to the pc crowd like they did with red dead.

What's the connection between this game and Red Dead?  That was developed and published by Rockstar.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Destraex

Quote from: Skoop on June 16, 2021, 01:48:21 PM
Also, if this is xbox only, then I'm out.  But I'm sure they'll port it to the pc crowd like they did with red dead.  Could be cool, could have alot of the things we want in star citizen right now, but nothing will beat the sim level ship combat that SC has.  I bet this game will have arcadey ships but a great open world to make up for it.
It's win 10 as well. Comes out nov 11 2022

Destraex

Quote from: FarAway Sooner on June 16, 2021, 12:11:29 PM
25 years in the making?  So they started work on it using Win 95 and COBOL source code?   Or were they doing work on a state-of-the-art Apple LC III?

:D

I'm not knocking the game.  We can never have too many good games.  I just think about how much in the world has changed over the last 25 years and wonder how somebody could work on a computer game for that long.

Yeah. I hate marketers for their "choice words" meant to deceive or promote discussion. Wasting our time when we could just hear the truth and move on with our lives. Choosing to stay interested and learn more or not.
But I think they basically are alluding to all of Bethseda's old titles culminating in this new one. I cannot imagine they are being literal?