Microprose announces Tiny Combat Arena

Started by Jarhead0331, June 17, 2021, 01:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

When I heard Microprose was back, I thought they meant back in the 21st century. Apparently, they're still in 1992.  :2funny:

I kid, I kid...this could be fun.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Toonces

Still looks too complex for Gus!   :P

Seriously, though, am I crazy?  That looks really, really fun!  Count me extremely interested.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Dammit Carl!

All the hootin' & hollerin' of DCS without it being DCS.

Would love if they rolled the zanyness of "Yeager's Air Combat," into it with the ability to put a WW1 biplane up against a gen 3 jet (for example).

Jarhead0331

When I first saw the Harrier, I got really excited thinking they were remaking Super-VGA Harrier. That game was f*cking awesome. You basically got to command an entire MEU and then you could pop into a Harrier and maybe even a Super Cobra and engage in the action.

They just don't make 'em like that anymore.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

Added it to my wish list and will send Toonces the receipt.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

I can't tell from the video if it is MMP or SP only.  I hope it's MMP.

I've often thought that Strike Fighters 2 was the perfect platform for an MMP combat flight sim.  A ton of different aircraft to fly, plenty of real-world environments pre-made, and not a lot of mental investment to fly the planes. 

Something like TCA might scratch an itch.  I don't know if I'm the only one with that itch, or if other scratchers are out there (like War Thunder for example) but I'm cautiously excited.

Just read up on it on the Microprose page.  Single Player, Harrier only at release.   :'(
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Phantom

I've a fondness for many of this era of games and a large part of that is how much bang you got for your buck. Getting a game then meant getting lots of kit of various nationalities and lots of scenarios. This gave many games of that era incredible longevity & replayability for the entry price. I'm pretty sure this isn't just nostalgia on my part.
Games have without doubt got far better graphically, but gameplay wise I'm not so sure, and the constant spending drip of DLC just to add to a games variety is a constant source of irritation to me.
I've got high hopes of the Microproses' rebirth and hope they bring back some of the virtues of 80/90's games whilst capitalising on the technical advances.