Author Topic: Windows 11 leaked Windows 10 set to retire 2025  (Read 1273 times)

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
    • The Evangelical Universalist
Re: Windows 11 leaked Windows 10 set to retire 2025
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2021, 09:13:31 PM »
Frankly, I'm more worried about what this means about retiring Win 8.1...  :-\
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in chronological order. Lots and lots of order...

Dawn of Armageddon -- a narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse: The Hunt Begins: Insert Joke Here!

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR, lots of screenies.

Offline WallysWorld

• Man-at-Arms
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2021, 10:24:13 PM »
I did find a way around it.  Appears that modern CPUs have another feature called PTT built into it that serve a similar purpose.  When I enabled that in my BIOS, my computer became compatible.  Still an odd requirement as I wonder how laptops and other devices will handle it.
Same here with my Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master. Once I enabled PTT, PC Health Check reported that my computer is ready for Windows 11.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Offline CapnKirk

• Velites

Online steve58

• Landsknecht
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2021, 07:43:10 AM »
The Blue Screen of Death is...dead.  OK, not really, now its going to be black.
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell

If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you’re probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time.   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Offline Anguille

• Man-at-Arms
  • Yoko Tsuno
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2021, 08:21:34 AM »
The Blue Screen of Death is...dead.  OK, not really, now its going to be black.
Such an improvement  ::)