Steam Summer Sale Starts Tomorrow - June 24th

Started by Grim.Reaper, June 23, 2021, 07:40:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silent Disapproval Robot

I didn't pick up much.

Grabbed the latest DLC for Mius Front.  It's called Cold Front.  More fighting in Southern USSR but this time it's early 1942 so the Soviet gear is even more crap!

Also picked up Silent Service DLC for CMO, the Undead DLC for Mordheim (one of only two games that makes me rage enough to hit inanimate objects), and Radio General because it lets you play as the Canucks during WWII and not many games offer that.

SirAndrewD

I've been utterly stunned to find that Command: Modern Operations hasn't been that hard to get into.   

Expected quite the opposite. 

I sold myself on getting Armored Brigade today as well.  My modest foray is getting less so.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

JasonPratt

Quote from: Toonces on June 25, 2021, 07:01:57 PM
I was hoping to pick up a few games straight from Matrix.  For some reason I thought they had two sales a year, like maybe over 4th of July or something.  No biggie, there's plenty on Steam I want, too.

I seem to recall their other big sale used to be Easter? (Which I seem to recall specifically because back before "Slitherine" they used to make slight nods to the religious holidays of Christmas and Easter, which I appreciated.)

No special sale announcements at Matrixlitherine, although I just noticed that they've started a new deal with a dev team to remake/update Master of Magic!?  :o
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

demjansk1942

I am having a hard time buying anything, still not playing all the other games I have

solops

Quote from: demjansk1942 on June 26, 2021, 03:35:50 AM
I am having a hard time buying anything, still not playing all the other games I have
I did not let that stop me from getting an HOI4 DLC Battle for the Bosphorus, Universim and Nature and Life: Drunk on Nectar.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Destraex

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Anguille

So far only the DLC MegaCorps for Stellaris.

Geezer

Picked up Empyrion: Galactic Survival to play co-op with two friends.  Just about everything on my Wishlist is on sale, but resisting so far.  Too many games...

Might get Per Aspera but I've seen mixed reviews of it.  Surviving Mars is 75% off so that is perhaps more tempting.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

steve58

Quote from: Gusington on June 27, 2021, 01:12:11 PM
Anyone play Industries of Titan?

I played the early access release on Epic some last year. I liked what I played/saw, but it was still a bit rough.  I know they've added tons of new stuff since I played it last and have been meaning to get back to it.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Gusington

^Thanks man. Looks a bit more fleshed out now...tempting. Still early access though.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

FarAway Sooner

I got the old classic Stars in Shadow.  Was excited to play it for an hour or two this afternoon while my son is away camping and my daughter is at a friend's house.  Two hours later, it's almost 50% downloaded.  **Sigh**

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on June 27, 2021, 02:24:43 PM
^Thanks man. Looks a bit more fleshed out now...tempting. Still early access though.

There is something about it that is lacking. It just hasn't grabbed me.

There have been 12 major updates. I would say its close to leaving early access.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

Yeah I will pass for now. The overall idea is great so I will keep it on my wishlist.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

demjansk1942