Smack my FRIDAY up!

Started by Jarhead0331, July 02, 2021, 06:30:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Definitely tweaking the new Pimax with DCS and maybe explore the new Marianas map. Otherwise, would like to get back to Cyberpunk 2077 and more Mechwarrior 5 Mercenaries.

Everybody have a happy 4th.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

FlickJax

Not sure what to play tbh but happy to wish a happy 4th to all our American friends....

Anguille

Tonight we have 1/4 final with Switzerland against Spain...

Otherwise, my plans are mostly:

- Polaris Sector
- Stellaris
- Stonghold Warlords
- Interstellar Space

Happy 4th of July

Gusington

I love The Prodigy.

Peaking at critical mass with Assassin's Creed and Rome Total War, and am queuing up Sniper Elite III, Panzer Corps 2: Spanish Civil War and Order of Battle: Sandstorm to play very soon.

May play some Mad Max for giggles and definitely some Metro: Exodus soon too, with Mechwarrior and Gears Tactics waiting in the wings.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Pete Dero

Quote from: Anguille on July 02, 2021, 09:23:47 AM
Tonight we have 1/4 final with Switzerland against Spain...

Maybe our countries meet in the semi.

As always I stick to one game at a time and this weekend it will be WITE2.

Sir Slash

Taking a break from learning WitE so my brain can recover. Maybe something lighter to play along with ducking the Locals who love to shoot big, noisy explosive fireworks off 3 days in advance of, and 3 days after, Fourth of July. Have a great one Grogs.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

Anyone play Duskers or take the plunge in the new ancients game Old World (not available on Steam, btw)?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

I spent a couple of days getting War in the Pacific: Original Gangster Version installed and running on my computers, including grabbing a couple of map mods.  As I remembered, it has a number of smaller scenarios which I recall is why I gave away my copy of Uncommon Valor years ago.  So I'll be booting it WitP:OG up and seeing if it still has the magic in smaller, more manageable scenarios.

As usual, Cold Waters will likely make an appearance.  I'd also like to dabble in War on the Sea some more.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Jarhead0331

Almost forgot...Creeper World 4. This is some seriously addictive shit.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

steve58

Some World of Warships and I have recently been getting deeper into KARDS (a WWII card game, free-to-play) to the point where I may throw a few $s at it.  I've gotten all the way from "Enlisted" to "Private" so I must know what I'm doing, right? :DD 

Of course, we're going to fire up the grill on the 4th for some burgers and maybe a pork tenderloin or two.  Happy Independence Day United States of America!

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

steve58

Quote from: Gusington on July 02, 2021, 12:58:42 PM
Anyone play Duskers or take the plunge in the new ancients game Old World (not available on Steam, btw)?

Dang.  Wish the Epic $10 coupons were still going, might've picked up Old World.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

devoncop

Quote from: Gusington on July 02, 2021, 12:58:42 PM

Will get it for sure when it arrives on Steam

Epic is a no no for me.

Getting great reviews and appeals to me much more than Humankind.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

al_infierno

Started a new job this week.  Physical office isn't open yet, so working fully remote and it's mentally exhausting as hell.  I just want a desk where I can leave my job behind for the day.   :-\

Still though, pretty thrilled to be working again with people I've worked with in the past.  Their docs are all hosted through GitHub, which is annoying as all hell, and I finished my week by putting in a request to switch to a new publishing platform.  I have no reason to think they'll shoot it down, since I'm volunteering to do all the migration work myself and made a fairly compelling case for why a real authoring system is better than GitHub.  But, well, you never know, I guess.   :-"

I have no idea what I'll play this week except it'll probably involve modded Insurgency co-op (SithAdmin's Server), Wildermyth, and finally putting in my online turn for Dominions 5 (sorry guys :hide:)
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Jarhead0331

Quote from: al_infierno on July 02, 2021, 06:35:23 PM
Started a new job this week.  Physical office isn't open yet, so working fully remote and it's mentally exhausting as hell.  I just want a desk where I can leave my job behind for the day.   :-\

Still though, pretty thrilled to be working again with people I've worked with in the past.  Their docs are all hosted through GitHub, which is annoying as all hell, and I finished my week by putting in a request to switch to a new publishing platform.  I have no reason to think they'll shoot it down, since I'm volunteering to do all the migration work myself and made a fairly compelling case for why a real authoring system is better than GitHub.  But, well, you never know, I guess.   :-"

I have no idea what I'll play this week except it'll probably involve modded Insurgency co-op (SithAdmin's Server), Wildermyth, and finally putting in my online turn for Dominions 5 (sorry guys :hide:)

Funny you mention. I hate Github too. Very frustrating platform.

Congrats on being a tax payer again.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Destraex

Star Trek: Bridge Crew non-vr
Dawn of War Soulstorm coop vs insane
Mechwarrior 5 Mercenaries
Offworld Trading Company

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"