Previous topic - Next topic

Destraex

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Pete Dero

Destraex

What do you think Pete?

Pete Dero

^ Actual combat game play looks a lot like CoH2.

I noticed Quill streaming last night but didn't have the time to watch the entire video.  At least not enough to post my opinions about the campaign at this moment.

I was a bit surprised that the first thing I heard about this was your post and minutes later Twitch suggested that stream of a playable game by Quill.

Destraex

So far the AI does not use tanks much. Which makes it a little easy in the battles I have fought so far.

I notice their is an mixed African American Bazooka unit for the Americans that a huge thread is in progress about on the forums. I have no problem with that. In fact I wish the devs went back to the coh2 commander model and made a commander that turned all your troops into African Americans so you could play the all African 92nd. That way it would be a little more realistic. The debate has made me interested to know what the percentage of African Troops was though. I think 1.2 million African Americans served in ww2, but only a tiny percentage of those were allowed into combat roles. It is hard to find statistics on how many actually fought as front line soldiers. I remember a movie about Hellcat Tank Destroyer units and Artillery units.

Not sure if you guys can see the thread.....
https://community.companyofheroes.com/coh-franchise/company-of-heroes-3/forums/1-general-discussion/threads/839-company-of-heroes-has-gone-woke?page=4#post-4573

Destraex

Ok. Now the Company of Heroes 3 multiplayer alpha pre-download it up. Something is happening soon I guess.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Destraex on November 29, 2021, 08:15:01 PM
Ok. Now the Company of Heroes 3 multiplayer alpha pre-download it up. Something is happening soon I guess.

Thought game release was targeted for late 2022 so not sure what else might be happening

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 29, 2021, 08:26:16 PM
Quote from: Destraex on November 29, 2021, 08:15:01 PM

Thought game release was targeted for late 2022 so not sure what else might be happening

Probably an alpha test run of the multiplayer portion of the game.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Destraex

Yep. They are going to have side armour values this time around as well as breaching, which was in the last alpha.
You will be able to play vs the AI in the multiplayer alpha which is good.

al_infierno

Breaching reminds me a lot of Command and Conquer: Generals.  Looking forward to this one now that I'm getting my RTS hat back on.

EDIT - Tactical pause in single player = YES PLEASE!
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

FlickJax

Still havent played 2 yet.. just sits in my steam library

Destraex

Well the pre order for COH3 available and launch date in November some time.

I am sure I will get it at some point but not partial to pre-orders anymore. Especially at the $100-$135 they are asking.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1677280/Company_of_Heroes_3/

Pete Dero

Quote from: Destraex on July 12, 2022, 09:12:31 PM

As we approach the November 17th launch date for Company of Heroes 3, our team has decided the game is not quite up to our players' or our own high standards. There still are bugs to squash, pixels to polish, gameplay to adjust and feedback to address.

As a result, we've decided to move the launch date to February 23rd, 2023. While we know many of you are itching to get your hands on the game, we believe this to be the best decision for CoH3, our players and our studio. This provides our hard-working team and partners with the necessary time to deliver CoH3 in a better overall state.

We are incredibly proud of the dedication our community has shown throughout CoH-Development. Your feedback has been critical in
these last stages of development and will continue to be a driver for our team for years to come.

Thank you for your support
and patience,
The CoH3 team

https://twitter.com/CompanyOfHeroes/status/1577297241894789124

JasonPratt

Welp, sounds like it's time for me to finish all the campaigns from the prior two games!  :D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Destraex

Quote from: Pete Dero on October 04, 2022, 12:06:43 PM
Quote from: Destraex on July 12, 2022, 09:12:31 PM

As we approach the November 17th launch date for Company of Heroes 3, our team has decided the game is not quite up to our players' or our own high standards. There still are bugs to squash, pixels to polish, gameplay to adjust and feedback to address.

As a result, we've decided to move the launch date to February 23rd, 2023. While we know many of you are itching to get your hands on the game, we believe this to be the best decision for CoH3, our players and our studio. This provides our hard-working team and partners with the necessary time to deliver CoH3 in a better overall state.

We are incredibly proud of the dedication our community has shown throughout CoH-Development. Your feedback has been critical in
these last stages of development and will continue to be a driver for our team for years to come.

Thank you for your support
and patience,
The CoH3 team

https://twitter.com/CompanyOfHeroes/status/1577297241894789124
Yeah saw this. Hopefully they at least give us some kind of BETA in the mean time.