Did You Miss Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic the First Time?

Started by Gusington, September 09, 2021, 03:44:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

I did. I'm not proud. Wanted to play the game when it came out but didn't have a PC at the time. But now...

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

I've owned it for years and never played it, due to shiny things being somewhere else constantly.

....welp, looks like it's time to order a remake!  :D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

You know, I've had it for years but have only played it for a few hours like donkeys ago.  I've been thinking of giving it a try just recently, though.  I've heard it's a fantastic game with a great story.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

^That's the word on the street...a classic.

1 donkey = 3.5 years?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Had to deretire for a while to train the next production manager at my family's ex-factory (or words to that effect). ;)

A lot of my prior posting came while degaussing my brain at work between juggling cats (metaphorically), or after work in the office, although in the final year or two the various stresses of transitioning the business over reduced that a lot; and then after retiring I had more time. But now for a while I have less time again (and can't post in between work at work), and not much energy to do non-work with after 'work' work. ;)

Anyway, all's good here, just can't focus on Grogheads atm. Thanks for asking tho!  O:-)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

glen55

Quote from: Toonces on September 09, 2021, 06:45:05 PM
You know, I've had it for years but have only played it for a few hours like donkeys ago.  I've been thinking of giving it a try just recently, though.  I've heard it's a fantastic game with a great story.

It is my favorite Star Wars story, and while it's true I'm not a huge fan of the movies like some people, I'm enough of a fan to have seen several of them.

And yes, a great game to boot, even as dated as it is.
Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower

FlickJax

Quote from: JasonPratt on September 09, 2021, 04:27:17 PM
I've owned it for years and never played it, due to shiny things being somewhere else constantly.

....welp, looks like it's time to order a remake!  :D

Same here... still in its box :(

CJReich46

I have heard of, but never played, and apparently this one is also coming for PC as well.

Might be worth a looksie.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Gusington on September 10, 2021, 04:38:12 PM
Where did you see the PC confirmation?

On Sony's blog, the developer says that Knights of the Old Republic Remake will be a "console exclusive on PlayStation 5 at launch." Lucasfilm Games later confirmed that the game will come to PC. VentureBeat's Jeff Grubb later reported that KOTOR will release on PC on the same date as console.

al_infierno

The original was a PC classic, seems really dumb to make it a console exclusive at launch.  Sony must have shilled the big bucks for that deal.  ::)

I remember the original being on X-Box, but I don't think it ever made it to Playstation, which makes this whole deal quite ironic.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Grim.Reaper

The remake has indefinitely been delayed....sounds like after some previews, management didn't like and fired some people.  Seems to be a question if/when it will ever happen now..not looking good

al_infierno

I guess that's not surprising with a game of such scope and complexity.  That sucks to hear.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd