Nebulous Fleet Command: space rts, physics, lan, multiplayer, z axis

Started by Destraex, December 28, 2021, 11:05:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destraex

This game looks like it may even be a step up from Homeworld's combat system. Releasing February for early accesson steam. It has z axis space as well as physics covered and designing your own ships. It has ai in multiplayer and even seems to have LAN support. Colour me very interested. But seems to be a very small dev team and I have been burned by space rts games twice in the past. So have to be wary.

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Jarhead0331

This looks awesome. Has been on my wish list for quite some time. Didn't realize release was nearing.  :notworthy:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Redwolf

If you give >= $10/month before January you can play the current version.

Another forum I'm on is playing this with great success. I think I'm gonna hit it.

W8taminute

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Destraex

Quote from: Redwolf on December 28, 2021, 12:56:11 PM
If you give >= $10/month before January you can play the current version.

Another forum I'm on is playing this with great success. I think I'm gonna hit it.

Red wolf it's only a one person development team right?

Jarhead0331

^no. I believe there are three on the team. The lead developer is on active duty in the navy.

I got press code and have been playing around with it. Very impressed so far.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Destraex

Very nice. Active navy hypes me even more that these guys are not afraid of complexity and know radars etc and how things could work in space. I see so many posts on the WARNO and other Eugen forums about not making the game too complex it makes me sick. Because all you get when trying to cater for everybody is the same old games that their is nothing further to learn from. Yet you need to play because they are the only ones with multiplayer support and enough financial backing to make graphically pleasing and fully fleshed and functional. Indie games or dedicated wargame publisher games are generally missing something I need in a game, be it 10 v 10 multiplayer or a reasonable price tag for what you get. Even just a reasonably modern engine. etc

Very jealous that you got the press code, I looked on patreon and all the slots that would have given early access during the holiday season for me are gone. Probably just as well I did not even have the chance to consider that avenue of entry   \m/

I was worried a bit about the Z axis 6DOF interface. But if you like it Jar, then I am even more hyped.

How long has this been in development? Could it be many more years before it is finished? They intend to do a campaign and it sounds like for at least one dev this is his\her second job. Sounds like the finished product could be years away yet.

I remember legends of pegasus and Shallow space....... don't want a repeat of those. Not that it sounds like this will be.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Destraex on December 28, 2021, 09:11:34 PM
Very nice. Active navy hypes me even more that these guys are not afraid of complexity and know radars etc and how things could work in space. I see so many posts on the WARNO and other Eugen forums about not making the game too complex it makes me sick. Because all you get when trying to cater for everybody is the same old games that their is nothing further to learn from. Yet you need to play because they are the only ones with multiplayer support and enough financial backing to make graphically pleasing and fully fleshed and functional.
Very jealous that you got the press code, I looked on patreon and all the slots that would have given early access during the holiday season for me are gone. Probably just as well I did not even have the chance to consider that avenue of entry   \m/

I was worried a bit about the Z axis 6DOF interface. But if you like it Jar, then I am even more hyped.

How long has this been in development? Could it be many more years before it is finished? They intend to do a campaign and it sounds like for at least one dev this is his\her second job.

I remember legends of pegasus and Shallow space....... don't want a repeat of those. Not that it sounds like this will be.

I'll post a link to the development road map when I get a chance. After Early Access release there are some exciting plans. Carriers with fighters/bombers, marines for boarding operations, solar system conquest mode, single player campaign, more maps and terrain effects, second set of unique ships for a another faction, etc. A bunch of cool stuff.

It is already extremely polished in its current state with six hull types and the ship designer is awesome. So is the damage control system and ship repair features.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Destraex

Dev seems pretty cool and really impressed by his down to earth and intelligent way of approaching his project.

Jarhead0331

^I spent the better part of the afternoon chatting with him. Hopefully he will pop in here. We're planning an interview for the main page.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

SirAndrewD

Getting a serious Expanse vibe from this, and that's a great thing. 

The Expanse space battles are aces.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Destraex

I am pretty sure that given the game was built with modding in mind that somebody will do the Expanse. Exactly what I hope for. I just finished watching the latest Expanse episodes actually.

Dammit Carl!

steve58

Release date is Feb 11. 

I've been out of the gaming loop from moving and lately PC issues.  Gonna be watching this one.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)