The Hell of Money Island: Summer 2022

Started by MengJiao, March 07, 2022, 07:03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MengJiao

Quote from: W8taminute on March 11, 2022, 10:13:36 PM
Is this game set pre 2022 or sometime in the near future?

Army War College near Future...but their idea of naval things is kind of alternative futuristic.  On the other hand there is a wierd charm to some things like -- the best air control configuration is
Raptor (F-22) for killer range and Lightning (F-35XYZ) for stealth.  AND Zumwalt plus Ticonderoga equals any number of bombers cuz the missiles on those can crush an airbase. 

I'm trying to retest some of these assumptions in CMANO/CMO

Tripoli

How do you like the integration of political and military play in the game?  From the advertising blurb here: https://www.compassgames.com/product/south-china-sea/
that sounds like an interesting game concept
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

MengJiao

Quote from: Tripoli on March 12, 2022, 09:05:28 AM
How do you like the integration of political and military play in the game?  From the advertising blurb here: https://www.compassgames.com/product/south-china-sea/
that sounds like an interesting game concept

Maybe with 5 players.  I'm playing solo and mostly looking into the US Army's idea of how a naval war goes -- so no political game for me.  It did start me wondering about local
power structures and especially the Vietnam vs China Equation.  In South China sea, the armed clash happens in less than 70 hours, which is not enough time for China to neutralize
even Vietnam's long-range strike capabilities.  So maybe I'll try NEXT WAR: Vietnam...which has 3.5-day turns and a high probability that China can do some serious damage, at least to
Vietnam.  Next War Vietnam includes a strategic advanced subgame where essentially everybody tries to stop China from pulverizing Vietnam...which sounds a lot more entertaining than
Next War Poland...which might be a non-starter for the Russians at the rate they are going in Ukraine.