'What No Friday Thread' Thread

Started by undercovergeek, September 21, 2012, 12:39:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W8taminute

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Kushan

Crusader Kings II: My heir just inherited from my starting ruler. All of my original rulers vassels hate him, and there is a plot to kill him with a lot of backers. Going to get interesting.

AJE: Got my A** kicked as Sula the other night. Not sure if its even worth continuing that campaign this weekend. Started reading the manul last night. I think its one of the best manuals I've read in a long time. Goes over everything the tutorials covered and a ton more.

Aurora: I've been in the mood for a space 4x the last few weeks. Mostly because I've been listening to the HH books on Audible at work again. I tried Distant Worlds, still an awesome 4x, but the late game inbalaces really get to me. I've tried to learn to play Aurora 3-4 times now, I plan to actually stick with it this time.

Quote from: Huw the Poo on September 21, 2012, 02:22:34 PM
I think you all know what I'll be playing.  8)

You still playing Barbie Fashion Designer? lol
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

steve58

No gaming for me this weekend. :'(  Heading to NC to help my techno-challenged sister set up a wireless router, Airave and maybe a new laptop.

If I did have time, it'd be Alea Jacta Est, FTL and World of Warplanes (finally got my invite into the Closed Beta.  The invites don't have an expiration do they?)
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Cougar_DK

I have three friends over for some serious rFactor 2 racing tomorrow. First Renault Clios at Croft and then some 1960 Monaco  8)
-Men do not quit playing because they grow old. They grow old because they quit playing. -- Oliver Wendell Holmes

Gusington

JH you don't have to tell me twice to drop anything on anyone! Who's down with AJE??

It's the weekend, byotches...

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tuna

I think Cliffs of Dover MP tonight.

I may pick up AJE tomorrow.. either that or continue my AGEOD ACW game.

Arctic Blast

For the second weekend in a row, Saturday shall be a board gaming extravaganza. Smaller group this time and no kids to keep entertained. Arkham Horror and Fortune & Glory are definites. I'm hoping to get either TI3 or Runewars on the table, as well.

Aside from that, it'll be Borderlands 2 and watching football for me.

steve58

Quote from: Tuna on September 21, 2012, 04:34:34 PM
I think Cliffs of Dover MP tonight.

I may pick up AJE tomorrow.. either that or continue my AGEOD ACW game.

Tuna - your reference to CoD reminded me I saw a good deal today.  Gamestop has both

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover
IL-2 Sturmovik 1946

for $13.59.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

eyebiter

Panzer Lehr campaign in Company of Heroes - Opposing Forces

Grim.Reaper

Hopefully AJE....will read the manual and watch some of the youtube tutorials.....I am determined to figure out one of these Ageod games yet!!

tgb

Quote from: Barthheart on September 21, 2012, 01:06:19 PM
Quote from: tgb on September 21, 2012, 01:04:43 PM
A Paradox beta that shall remain nameless (if the download link arrives)

EU IV ?!?   ???

I don't think that's beyond alpha yet. It's a moot point since I didn't get the link.  Supposedly the latest bunch of approved people will be getting links over the next week.

MarkShot

It turned out to be U-boats over chess.  Sometimes, I just don't have the intellect for a game that is so much smarter than me!

Ubercat

Quote from: Arctic Blast on September 21, 2012, 04:48:46 PM
For the second weekend in a row, Saturday shall be a board gaming extravaganza. Smaller group this time and no kids to keep entertained. Arkham Horror and Fortune & Glory are definites. I'm hoping to get either TI3 or Runewars on the table, as well.

Aside from that, it'll be Borderlands 2 and watching football for me.

I love Arkham Horror and Runewars; in fact, I just finished a painting session of some of the fantastic Runewars minis. I liked TI3 the one time I played it, but don't own it like AH and RW.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

mikeck

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 21, 2012, 02:49:56 PM
Quote from: W8taminute on September 21, 2012, 02:33:22 PM
Quote from: Gusington on September 21, 2012, 01:40:01 PM
AJE...yeah you know me.

Who down wit' AJE?

Ancient army with harmony
Gus drop a load on 'em

AJE let me explain it, I'll take it frame by frame it. A is for "alea" J is for "jacta" scratch yo' temple.....the other E.....well that's not that simple.
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson