'What No Friday Thread' Thread

Started by undercovergeek, September 21, 2012, 12:39:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LongBlade

Quote from: Ubercat on September 21, 2012, 08:35:38 PMI just finished a painting session of some of the fantastic Runewars minis.

Post some pics in the Wargaming thread.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

TheCommandTent

Any time I have this weekend will be spent painting minis for Bolt Action or trying to learn how to play LnL Band of Heroes.

I might pick up AJE... maybe.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

panzerde

I received a TrakIR 5 and Steel Beasts Pro PE for my birthday this week, and then used some birthday money to pick up Flashpoint Germany.  So it looks like those plus some ARMA 2. I've been getting the itch for something on the Operational scale again, so I might dive into some TOAW III and/or DC:WtoP.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Toonces

So far I got in some IL-2 and, unexpectedly, Red Orchestra 1 with the Darkest Hour mod.  I played for about a half hour, but I just started feeling queesy so I quit before it got bad.  Once I get heavy into FPS-sickness, and it happens really fast, it can wreck my whole night.

I find myself in a WW2 mood, though.  Maybe I'll boot up WiTP:AE and work on my campaign some more.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Toonces

Quote from: panzerde on September 21, 2012, 09:39:03 PM
... and then used some birthday money to pick up Flashpoint Germany.  ....

Post your impressions when you have some time invested in it.  I've been thinking of playing it some more myself; I never did invest a proper amount of time in it.

I see Capt Darwin has some other iteration of the engine in his avatar...I'm hoping that sees the light of day someday.

It's a fun game, but didn't grab me for some reason.  It's sort of like Carriers at War in that sense- it's a good game but for some reason it just didn't fully click with me.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Ubercat

Quote from: LongBlade on September 21, 2012, 09:12:03 PM
Quote from: Ubercat on September 21, 2012, 08:35:38 PMI just finished a painting session of some of the fantastic Runewars minis.

Post some pics in the Wargaming thread.

I started a thread over there with some pics, but nothing from RW sadly. I've only finished the human faction and one type of neutral beasties so far. I'm barely started painting the Chaos guys. Chaos has a lot of red shades, which are a weak spot in my skills so it's taking some time.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Kushan on September 21, 2012, 03:15:41 PM
You still playing Barbie Fashion Designer? lol

Hey, I do actually do things with my lovely characters you know, it isn't just about making them look good!  They kill dragons and stuff!

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Ubercat on September 21, 2012, 08:35:38 PM
Quote from: Arctic Blast on September 21, 2012, 04:48:46 PM
For the second weekend in a row, Saturday shall be a board gaming extravaganza. Smaller group this time and no kids to keep entertained. Arkham Horror and Fortune & Glory are definites. I'm hoping to get either TI3 or Runewars on the table, as well.

Aside from that, it'll be Borderlands 2 and watching football for me.

I love Arkham Horror and Runewars; in fact, I just finished a painting session of some of the fantastic Runewars minis. I liked TI3 the one time I played it, but don't own it like AH and RW.

Runewars is such a great game. We haven't had a chance to play since I picked up the Banners of War expansion, so I'm eager to throw some of it in to the mix and see how it works.

I don't think it did as well as it should have in large part because of the now antiquated coffin box. So hopefully the news of an impending revamped edition on a standard sized game box will bring more sales (and therefore more content).  ;D

bob48

I'm working my way through some more NaW WSR Cobra scenario's. Lotsa replayability in this system. I've also got a yearning to start another game of Normandy '44.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

MetalDog

A lot of RL stuff going on, including work today, but, when able, CKII and Civ IV MP.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Ubercat

Quote from: Arctic Blast on September 22, 2012, 03:59:08 AM
Quote from: Ubercat on September 21, 2012, 08:35:38 PM
Quote from: Arctic Blast on September 21, 2012, 04:48:46 PM
For the second weekend in a row, Saturday shall be a board gaming extravaganza. Smaller group this time and no kids to keep entertained. Arkham Horror and Fortune & Glory are definites. I'm hoping to get either TI3 or Runewars on the table, as well.

Aside from that, it'll be Borderlands 2 and watching football for me.

I love Arkham Horror and Runewars; in fact, I just finished a painting session of some of the fantastic Runewars minis. I liked TI3 the one time I played it, but don't own it like AH and RW.

Runewars is such a great game. We haven't had a chance to play since I picked up the Banners of War expansion, so I'm eager to throw some of it in to the mix and see how it works.

I don't think it did as well as it should have in large part because of the now antiquated coffin box. So hopefully the news of an impending revamped edition on a standard sized game box will bring more sales (and therefore more content).  ;D

I loved the base game, but after playing with BoW a few times I could never go back to just base RW. Just sayin', it's that good.

The downside of BoW is that they didn't release updated order cards with the expansion that include the new things you can do. I guess you're expected to just remember in the heat of the game! I created some word files that summarize all of the order cards, including the BoW additions. I can Email them to you if you like. I printed and laminated one for each faction, in different colors even! The other side has a statistical breakdown of fate card probabilities that I made, which makes it easier to use 30 sided dice instead of the fate cards in case you want more random results.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

tgb

Just got the Steam code for that beta I've been awaiting.  Woo hoo!

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

panzerde

Quote from: Toonces on September 21, 2012, 10:48:20 PM

Post your impressions when you have some time invested in it.  I've been thinking of playing it some more myself; I never did invest a proper amount of time in it.

Will do.  I managed the firs tutorial last night and like what I see so far.  I'll post more once I've had more hours into it.

I see Capt Darwin has some other iteration of the engine in his avatar...I'm hoping that sees the light of day someday.

It looks like from this thread that there's an announcement coming in a few weeks:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3169295
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

tgb