New Mod for Campaign Leipzig

Started by Philippe, October 25, 2012, 10:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philippe

I've just given the Leipzig mod a major overhaul and gathered it together all in one place.

So if nothing else you won't have to make umpteen million annoying little downloads to get the mod.  And I won't have to go totally crazy every time I want to make a slight improvement.

Besides getting all the pieces of the mod under one roof, another big change is that I've repainted the 3D trees and terrain features, so that there are now two completely different sets of terrain: one for summer terrain and one for fall terrain.  As a result I've decided to set the mod up for a double install, much the way I did for Napoleon's Russian Campaign/Retreat for Moscow.  The limitation on how many installs you get from JTS has recently been lifted, so this won't create any copyright issues.

(Actually, it's not even a separate install -- you install once, copy and paste the game to another part of your JTS folder, and rename the copy something else.)

I've also done some work on the sound.  I didn't like hearing someone yelling "God save the King" in the background of battles that were being fought between non-English speakers, so I edited out about four seconds of background sound.  I've also never been a fan of the official music selections, so I replaced the victory music with some period music selections.  There's even an alternate for the draw music:  if you don't like Beethoven there's an alternate clip of a French military band giving the signal to pack it in for the night.

The mod formerly known as the Leipzig mod is now comes in two parts and is referred to as the Leipzig mod and the Dresden Mod.  Use the Dresden mod (desktop icon with a green background) for playing summer scenarios, and the Leipzig mod (reddish background on the desktop icon) for playing anything that happens in October or later. You can play any scenario inside either mod, it's just that summer scenarios look better in Dresden and fall scenarios look better in Leipzig.  Just be careful about remembering where you put your PBEM's.

Here are some screenshots from the Dresden mod:

And here are some shots from the Leipzig part of the Leipzig mod:

The 3D units are now fitting a lot more snugly on their 3D bases, and that will improve over time.  The mod also includes some corrections for missing unit images that may or may not make it into the next official patch.

Like my other Napoleonic mods, I've included horses, cannons, and wagons so you won't be able to mistake a couple of teamsters for a battalion of infantry.  The cannon images have been painted with gun carriages and metal fittings in the appropriate national colors.

The Leipzig mod version 2.0 can be downloaded from here:

https://www.box.com/s/7fxly8ss99hovj1equon

And I'd like to extend a huge thank you to The Big Red One from Task Force Echo Four for providing a platform for my mods.
Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.

History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.

Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

W8taminute

Welcome to GrogHeads Philippe and beautiful work.  It seems like you put a lot of care and love into this mod.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Nefaro

Nice job!

I don't even own that one but can still see a huge improvement in the look of it.   

Those games need all the help they can get.  :D

panzerde

Hey!  You made it not look like ass!  Maybe I can finally play this now!  Thanks!
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres