Left 4 Dead 2 free weekend

Started by eyebiter, October 25, 2012, 02:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eyebiter

LongBlade

Saw that. I'm almost tempted to fire this up again. There's nothing like a good team taking on a zombie horde.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

TheCommandTent

Quote from: eyebiter on October 25, 2012, 02:56:28 PM
Free to play on Steam from now until Monday morning

http://store.steampowered.com/app/550/

I never got around to trying this one out.  I think I may try it.  Hope the download doesn't take too long.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Bison

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Bison on October 25, 2012, 04:31:11 PM
Quote from: TheCommandTent on October 25, 2012, 03:12:43 PM
Quote from: eyebiter on October 25, 2012, 02:56:28 PM
Free to play on Steam from now until Monday morning

http://store.steampowered.com/app/550/

I never got around to trying this one out. 

What?  I'm speechless.

Yes, well you see there was this reason and I am sure it was a good one but I can't remember it now. :)

I started downloading it and its going to take forever, especially considering now is peak usage time for the internet lines around here so I'll let it run over night and hopefully get to play it tomorrow night or Sat after work.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Staggerwing

It says"$4.99" until 10/29. Eh? Great price but even by the most twisted corporate-advert-spinning definition not exactly 'free'. Also, are enough people still playing this game to make it worth while? Any Grogs playing this MP here?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Bison

I still play it and never have an issue jumping into a mp game.

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Staggerwing on October 25, 2012, 05:48:27 PM
It says"$4.99" until 10/29. Eh? Great price but even by the most twisted corporate-advert-spinning definition not exactly 'free'. Also, are enough people still playing this game to make it worth while? Any Grogs playing this MP here?

I think you can download and play for free this weekend.  Then if you want to keep playing after the weekend you have to purchase it.

Bison

That's correct TCT.  You get to play for free but get the discounted price if you choose to buy it before the free weekend is over.

LongBlade

Quote from: Bison on October 25, 2012, 06:45:51 PM
That's correct TCT.  You get to play for free but get the discounted price if you choose to buy it before the free weekend is over.

Buy. It.

Or you're wrong.

Staggerwing

Can I buy it and still be wrong? In general, I mean.

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

TheCommandTent

Quote from: LongBlade on October 25, 2012, 07:23:21 PM

Buy. It.

Or you're wrong.
Quote from: Staggerwing on October 25, 2012, 07:48:38 PM

If we buy it does that entitle us to a mutliplayer with LB the GrogHeads Godfather?  ;D

LongBlade

Quote from: TheCommandTent on October 25, 2012, 08:00:42 PM
Quote from: LongBlade on October 25, 2012, 07:23:21 PM

Buy. It.

Or you're wrong.
Quote from: Staggerwing on October 25, 2012, 07:48:38 PM

If we buy it does that entitle us to a mutliplayer with LB the GrogHeads Godfather?  ;D

I am hardly the godfather of this place.

But if you buy it and ping me, I'll do my best to game with you. Remember - groups are only four, so it's not like the whole thread will be able to get a piece of me.

Staggerwing

Speaking of Online Zombie games, have any of you spent any meaningful time with DayZ? I've tried to play but I'm always getting kicked off any server I try with some kind of code mismatch. I've gotten no more than perhaps 2-3 minutes in before it happens. Is it worth banging my head against the wall to try and figure out or just a Flash in the Pan?

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Staggerwing on October 25, 2012, 08:46:26 PM
Speaking of Online Zombie games, have any of you spent any meaningful time with DayZ? I've tried to play but I'm always getting kicked off any server I try with some kind of code mismatch. I've gotten no more than perhaps 2-3 minutes in before it happens. Is it worth banging my head against the wall to try and figure out or just a Flash in the Pan?

Yes I have and its fun if you have alot of patience and expect to die, alot.  I am looking forward to it becoming a stand alone game.