Steam Inventory giveaway!

Started by Tpek, October 28, 2012, 05:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tpek

Since I keep being pestered by Steam about the ever increasing and accumulating free stuff I have to give away in my inventory,
I thought I'd post the stuff I have here in case anyone wants any of them.
If you do, just message me via Steam.

So far the most pestered-about things are:

Airmech (X2):
http://store.steampowered.com/app/206500/

DOTA 2 (X3):
http://store.steampowered.com/app/570/

Also, I still have a Holiday Sale 2011 Gift: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction if anyone wants to trade anything for it.
(Pizzas and Shark with Friggin' Lasers on them (tm) are acceptable).

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Tpek on October 28, 2012, 05:02:55 PM
Since I keep being pestered by Steam about the ever increasing and accumulating free stuff I have to give away in my inventory,
I thought I'd post the stuff I have here in case anyone wants any of them.
If you do, just message me via Steam.

So far the most pestered-about things are:

Airmech (X2):
http://store.steampowered.com/app/206500/

DOTA 2 (X3):
http://store.steampowered.com/app/570/

Also, I still have a Holiday Sale 2011 Gift: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction if anyone wants to trade anything for it.
(Pizzas and Shark with Friggin' Lasers on them (tm) are acceptable).

I'll find you on STEAM for one of the DOTA 2 keys.  I've been curious about it but you know I am just to cheap and all. ;)
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Huw the Poo

Hope you don't mind me pitching in here, Tpek, but I have a copy of Half Life 2 to give away if anyone wants it.

(It's not that strange - I didn't have it myself until last year!)

Jarhead0331

Great thread...I have Saints Row 2 and a Frozen Synapse up for grabs.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Toonces

I would very much enjoy Half-Life 2 and/or Dota 2.

Huw, I never did get that other game, that nuclear game, if you still have it.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Nefaro

So .. is DOTA2 a multiplayer-only game?

I never played the original mod.

Tpek

Quote from: Nefaro on October 28, 2012, 07:06:35 PM
So .. is DOTA2 a multiplayer-only game?

I never played the original mod.

Kinda is. There are bots you can play against instead of people though.

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Toonces on October 28, 2012, 06:25:11 PM
I would very much enjoy Half-Life 2 and/or Dota 2.

Huw, I never did get that other game, that nuclear game, if you still have it.

According to Steam it was sent to you mate.  I can try sending it again, along with HL2.

Edit: OK I've sent it again, along with HL2, via Steam.  Let me know if you get them.

Toonces

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Toonces

Hey I'm going to retract my request for Dota 2 unless it goes completely unclaimed.  Huw just hooked me up with 2 games and, honestly, I just don't need another multiplayer game right now if someone else wants it.

Toonces

Sorry to keep spamming this thread.

Is there a way to give away a game in my library that I've never installed?  I also saw a trade option in my profile...how does that work?

I have several games in my library that I simply will never play.

Nefaro

Quote from: Toonces on October 29, 2012, 10:45:22 PM
Sorry to keep spamming this thread.

Is there a way to give away a game in my library that I've never installed?  I also saw a trade option in my profile...how does that work?

I have several games in my library that I simply will never play.

I don't think you can give away games, once you've claimed and installed them.  I believe you gotta set them to "Gift" when purchased. 

I'm not sure, but I think that's how it is.

Toonces

Ok.  I bought all the games as part of a package of like 25 games, but a lot of them I've never installed.  But I can't seem to find a way to gift them now that they're in my library.

How are you guys ending up with two and three copies of the same game?

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Toonces on October 29, 2012, 09:52:14 PM
You rock, Huw!   ;D

Heh, you're welcome mate.  Enjoy them!

As for extra copies, in my case I had an extra Half Life 2 because someone gifted me a copy, then later on I bought the Orange Box so I was able to trade the copy that came with that.  I had an extra Nuclear Dawn because it was a promotion the devs did (anyone who owned it received another one to give away).  You don't automatically get the right to gift a game unless you buy it as a gift, or unless you're specifically allowed to do so by Valve or the game's publisher.  It's usually when you buy a pack of games in a promotion and you already have some of them.

Tpek

Quote from: Toonces on October 29, 2012, 10:42:56 PM
Hey I'm going to retract my request for Dota 2 unless it goes completely unclaimed.  Huw just hooked me up with 2 games and, honestly, I just don't need another multiplayer game right now if someone else wants it.

I still have 2 DOTA 2 copies left to give. Let me look you up on Steam and send you one. :)

EDIT: Can't find you.
Are you Toonces on Steam and in the Grogheads group?