President Forever 2012 - Enters Alpha, Available to Pre-Order and Play

Started by Grim.Reaper, February 16, 2012, 07:10:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

With it being an election year in the US, I was looking around for a campaign type game and looks like the latest version of President Forever 2012 has entered alpha stage.  You can actually pre-order the game for $19 and play the alpha version now so you can provide feedback.  This is not the same as their 2008 game that had a 2012 scenario.  This is a brand new version.

I am on the fence with this right now. Has anyone played previous versions?  Is it any good?  Does it model elections pretty good?  Seems to be the only campaign game around.  Also love having the option to buy now and be part of testing.  Wish more games did this.  Of course, it would always be a risk your willing to take.

http://270soft.com/2012/02/16/president-forever-2012-alpha-released/

son_of_montfort

I really liked the previous version, except for the fact it was stuck at 1024x768 or some other tiny resolution. Since the game is 90% text, you really don't want to have to squint all the time while playing.

The game is also pretty hardcore, in the sense that you have to think about it as a resource management board game of sorts. There used to be a demo version, IIRC, you should definitely try that out!
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Grim.Reaper

Thanks SOM...really tempted to dive in.  Only bad thing is the developer is kind of behind, the campaign is well under way and now just entering alpha.  Seems like quite a way off until release.

son_of_montfort

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on February 17, 2012, 09:59:43 PM
Thanks SOM...really tempted to dive in.  Only bad thing is the developer is kind of behind, the campaign is well under way and now just entering alpha.  Seems like quite a way off until release.

Yeah, I thought the same thing. I also can't find if the fixed resolution thing is going to be in the new one. I'm just not willing to play in a window or lower my res to something blurry.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert