Blood Bowl Campaign - interactive AAR

Started by undercovergeek, November 04, 2012, 09:01:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

undercovergeek

I have no idea if this appeals to anyone, or indeed any of the others i write - I suppose i just like writing about the **** im playing!

Have reinstalled Blood Bowl - not Chaos Edition, and intend to start a campaign and write about it here. The only decision ive made is to be the Empire team and thats it so far - im looking for advice on start up players, catchers, runners, skills and then ill post the roster so we can follow the players thru their careers

any takers on advice?

bob48

I've got it (not chaos either), but its not installed atm. If its any help I can stick it back on and we could do some actual on-line games for your write-ups.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

undercovergeek

bob48

Well, first off, I'll need to get it reinstalled - its just the basic version mind you, but should still be compatable. once that's done, just lemme know what it is you want to do and I'll fit in with that. I usually play a shortarse, er, Dwarf team, but I'm not fussed.

'Clip those corners'

undercovergeek

original plan was to start a new league/competition and tell a wee story, and build some attachment to the players thru their careers

bob48

Sounds like fun. I'll get it back on the 'puter and we'll take it from there - I'll give you a nod when its up and running then mate.

'Clip those corners'

bob48

I bet you do that to all the Dwarf Bloodbowl teams........

'Clip those corners'

Boggit

I got the Legendary Edition in a Gamersgate deal.

What a blast! I like it, the kids like it, what's not to like... unless you're a stunty hobbit getting stomped! ;D ;)
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

jomni

Will it appeal to someone not into football?

bob48

Oh yes - its very combat orientated, especially if you like the WH universe.

'Clip those corners'

GJK

Sorry to conjur up this old thread but I just landed a copy of Blood Bowl 3rd edition boardgame for cheap at a local Half Price Books.  I was surprised to see a rather thick rulebook.  While reading the rules and getting ready for the boardgame version, I thought that I'd visit the PC game version.  I'm thinking that by learning to play the PC game, it would lessen the learning curve for the boardgame.  However, I'm reading some reviews of the Chaos edition; that the AI is shite and that the die rolls are rigged.  I suppose playing online is the way to go anyways.  So, question; is anybody still playing this or does the novelty of it wear off rather quickly?  I see it for $30 on Steam so don't want to pop for it unless I hear from some of you guys about how it plays and if you'd purchase it again if you had to.
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

bob48

I've still got it installed, although Ugeek and I have not yet gotten around to playing it on-line (nudge-nudge geek), and I only have the basic game. I played the board game solid with 3 friends for almost a year, and its very competetive fun.

The PC game is fun, but becomes somewhat predictable against the AI, but still has a lot of playability in it. Playing on-line is a good laugh and enjoyable, although I only played against people I knew.  As usual, random players can give you a less than pleasant experience.

If you want to try it on-line, let me know and we'll see if we can fix something up.

'Clip those corners'

GJK

I played a number of turns with my son over the weekend (the boardgame version) and we had a good time.  The little rascal scored on me on only the 2nd turn of the game as I dropped a pass (turnover) and he recovered it and ran it in. 

I only messed with the PC game enough to go through the long-winded tutorial.  Now that I know how to play, I'll mess with playing against the AI and then would enjoy an online game some time.
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer