Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog Trailer is out!

Started by Sigma One, November 07, 2012, 02:05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sigma One

Since the trailer didn't have the new explosions, I made an animated picture to show it in action. It'a a lot smoother in-game since for an animated gif I had to cut out some frames to make it a small file size (still learning to make it better without losing quality). Just imagine two Shermans pounding away at a house with a MG42 team in it :)

The artillery explosions will usually cover a house and strafing runs are more violent. Still making more!

Cougar_DK

-Men do not quit playing because they grow old. They grow old because they quit playing. -- Oliver Wendell Holmes

Grimnirsson

QuoteI've gotta say the pace is slow enough that I have never felt I needed it to be a turn-based game. I wish more "real-time" games moved at that pace.

RTS games can't be played via PbEM...that's the point ;)
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

SgtRock

I wish they would show the new features (vehicles loading/unloading troops and guns). Can't tell from the video but, it doesn't look like infantry have changed graphically or other wise. Which campaign system are they using (CC3, CC4) or something new?

LongBlade

Quote from: Grimnirsson on November 08, 2012, 04:47:10 PM
QuoteI've gotta say the pace is slow enough that I have never felt I needed it to be a turn-based game. I wish more "real-time" games moved at that pace.

RTS games can't be played via PbEM...that's the point ;)

Tru dat.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

spelk

Quote from: Grimnirsson on November 08, 2012, 12:55:23 PM
Make it turn-based and I'll buy it  8)

Isn't that Battlefront's Combat Mission or something like Panzer Command: Ost Front?

Grimnirsson

QuoteIsn't that Battlefront's Combat Mission or something like Panzer Command: Ost Front?

You are right, these are the games that would allow me (us) to play PbEM, but unfortunately CM doesn't work on my Nb and both games look really bad (had CM installed on my previous Nb) even with all settings maxed out. Maybe that's because my Nb is not a gamer machine, integrated gfx card and all (but a shared gfx chip and 8 Gb RAM available should give some decent results anyway - other games look and work fine) and although I am certainly more into gameplay than gfx, a certain base level of eye candyness should be there ;)
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

GDS_Starfury

I really ought to get a free copy of this game.  8)

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

MikeGER

TXH Scott :)
would it be possible to let slip out a peek-a-boo(m) abut the zoom levels in PitF too?

GDS_Starfury

MikeGER

PitF leaked ingame material (from a beta?) at YT 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvADHrcfS3I&feature=related

... that Finnish never zoomed-out, or showed loading/unloading so there is not much really new so see, that is not already in the official trailers....

the 19th is near, so i can check it all out on my screen:)