Main Menu

Weekend Gaming

Started by Bison, February 17, 2012, 08:10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

I just won my second Steam & Iron battle-- Otranto 1915, a great scenario. So, I'll probably be up to my neck in dreadnaughts all weekend.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Bismarck

Quote from: Sir Slash on February 18, 2012, 10:33:28 AM
I just won my second Steam & Iron battle-- Otranto 1915, a great scenario. So, I'll probably be up to my neck in dreadnaughts all weekend.

Have you ever won with HMCS Rainbow?
Jim Cobb

Barthheart

Quote from: SCDJ on February 18, 2012, 08:57:31 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on February 18, 2012, 07:48:03 AM
Invictus mod for Civ IV.

Maybe some board gaming... just got Arkham Horror and am trying it solo.

My friend has Arkham Horror, and while I've never played solo it was a ton of fun.  Me and him have gotten two games in.  The first we narrowly won thanks to good team work and a lucky die roll and in the second game the monsters destroyed us.  Lots of fun and so many things that can happen.

I've played one partial game, in which I got creamed, and am about to start a second game where I control 4 investigators.... hope to do better this time out. This is all in preparation for our up coming gaming weekend that my friends and I have 3 or 4 times a year. Needed a new game that could handle up to 8 guys.... and not be too complicated when we're really loaded.. :o

MetalDog

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on February 18, 2012, 09:45:35 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on February 18, 2012, 09:25:35 AM
Civ IV around new girlfriend time.  I'm hoping that Barthheart and Gus will have the time Saturday night to join me and W8taminute.  Anyone else want in?

With your new girlfriend?????  :)  Seems like an interesting time.

It never ceases to amaze me how the English language can be interpreted :-)  No, I don't share and neither does she, but if you would like to join us for some Civ, you are certainly welcome.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Bison

Quote from: Bismarck on February 18, 2012, 10:26:36 AM
Op. Sealion, Men of War, Steam & Iron

Which Men of War are you playing Bis?

Sir Slash

Quote from: Bismarck on February 18, 2012, 10:37:42 AM
Quote from: Sir Slash on February 18, 2012, 10:33:28 AM

Have you ever won with HMCS Rainbow?

Haven't tried that one yet but it looks good. In the middle of the 1912 battle and Bosporus 1915. Lost the Goeben scenario when the Breslau was sunk.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Bismarck

Quote from: Bison on February 18, 2012, 02:05:31 PM
Quote from: Bismarck on February 18, 2012, 10:26:36 AM
Op. Sealion, Men of War, Steam & Iron

Which Men of War are you playing Bis?

The first. I picked up all three in an Impulse sale a few months ago.
Jim Cobb

W8taminute

Civ IV online with some Grogheads around here. 

I also picked up Horus Rising by Dan Abnette from Barnes and Noble and I got Fallen Angel by Mike Lee from the local library.  Gonna be a Warhammer weekend of reading baby!

I've also got my sights set on picking up Armada Supernova over on Gamersgate. 

Now I've also got Warhammer: Space Marine, Gears of War 3, and Magic 2012 to play on my Xbox.

"Only in death does duty end."
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

MIGMaster

I'm trying to finish the campaign in Trapped Dead....I'm starting to get a little tired of killing zombies. Take on Helicopters is tempting me bad !!!!!

Arctic Blast

Long weekend equals long night of board gaming last night.

Kicked it off with Settlers of Catan with 6. Moved on to King of Tokyo with 5...it's a great little simple, quick, easy to learn dice roller about giant monsters smacking the Hell out of each other that you can rip through in half an hour. Then we got in to the real meat for game night, playing 5 player Galaxy Trucker (which was, as usual, chaotic and ridiculous fun) twice. A 6 player game of Survive! broke things up a bit, and then 4 of us finished up Cyclades. Good stuff!

Tonight, I am finally going to attempt to solo Arkham Horror and start figuring it out. And later this weekend...not really sure. Maybe some more Kingdom of Amalur?

Greybriar

World of Tanks. With the free day of Premium account status from the Valentine's Special combined with the 5x experience for the first victory of the day on all of my tanks from the Battle of the Kasserine Pass Special, I will be busy all day (I have over forty tanks in my garage).

Best arty battle ever!

Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Shelldrake

Quote from: Greybriar on February 19, 2012, 10:17:42 AM
I will be busy all day (I have over forty tanks in my garage).

40 tanks!  :o That's not a game, that's a full time job!

Congrats on a great game. 10 kills with arty! Wow!!!
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Greybriar

Quote from: Shelldrake on February 19, 2012, 11:07:22 AM

40 tanks!  :o That's not a game, that's a full time job!

Congrats on a great game. 10 kills with arty! Wow!!!
Thanks, Shelldrake.

Most of the tanks in my garage are elite and I seldom use them. And the high tiered ones that aren't elite are too expensive to run without a Premium account or some kind of special. Today I have both--Premium account status and a 5x special. So I'm planning on using every tank in my garage for one battle today and after the server resets tonight. It will be a full time job today for sure.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Hartford688

Quote from: Arctic Blast on February 18, 2012, 08:01:23 PM

Tonight, I am finally going to attempt to solo Arkham Horror and start figuring it out.

How did Arkham Horror get on?

Would you recommend solo? With others? is it too scary to play with a 12 year old? Is it too scary for a 45 year old? Will I go mad?

Keunert

Played a bit of the Hospital RPG with my daughters, i was a baby with a bleeding leg. once they were able to bandage my leg all of a sudden i started to bleed out of my ears. they managed to fill the ears with some wool when suddenly my eyes started bleeding. not before long i had a bloody coughing going on and had to puke all over the place.

remember: none of this was my initiative, it was the two doctors detecting all this. i think i need some time to get ready for some more kid games. the hardest part was the puking followed by a violent rubbing in the face with some half clean towel. maybe they were thinking of a tchetchenian war lazarett.
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Oscar Wilde

Special K has too much class.
Windigo