Digital Gaming > Console Gaming

Xbox 360 v PS3...

(1/3) > >>

Staggerwing:
I'm thinking of getting one of these for myself. Up to now I've only had a PS2 and, later, a Wii. Both
were bought primarily for one of my sons to play basic kids games on. I'm sure that I could spend
hours researching the pros and cons of each one but I thought I would ask here about what Yoose-all
thought and, if you only had one of them, which it would be. Bear in mind that I'd get the cheapest version
available. I won't be playing much (or perhaps no) multiplayer and I haven't (yet) seen any killer game
that's exclusive to either one so it's probably the hardware differences I'm most interested in.
I should add that I have a Roku already for Hulu Plus and Netflix.

Jarhead0331:
Doesn't sound like you really want it for games. If that is the case, then I'd definitely go for the PS3.  Its a much more powerful system.  It also has the blueray player and its online system is free, as opposed to microsoft's which requires a monthly fee.  I think the xbox has more games that are worth playing, but if that is not your primary use, them the PS3 is the way to go...there is more power and longevity in the hardware.

Staggerwing:
Thanks JH. Do you have the motion-tracking hardware for the Xbox? How effective is it?
One of the things I'll probably look for is an exercise program to get into a regular indoor
routine w/out the boredom of my stationary bike facing the wall. I tried Wii fit but it's a
bit grating with all the playmobile -style Wiiples and scenery. I do plan on playing some
games on it but I won't have high demands as far as that goes.

Centurion40:

--- Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 29, 2012, 06:38:19 PM ---Doesn't sound like you really want it for games. If that is the case, then I'd definitely go for the PS3.  Its a much more powerful system.  It also has the blueray player and its online system is free, as opposed to microsoft's which requires a monthly fee.  I think the xbox has more games that are worth playing, but if that is not your primary use, them the PS3 is the way to go...there is more power and longevity in the hardware.

--- End quote ---

I'm an Xbox guy, but JH is 100% on the money.

bayonetbrant:
should someone invite Paul V Mann to the conversation?   :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version