Republic vs Jomni - War in the Pacific

Started by republic, February 26, 2012, 07:07:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

republic

Since November Jomni and I have been locked in an epic struggle.  Well...not really.  I have poked and prodded but been so far unsuccessful in stopping his Japanese forces as they spread over the Pacific.

Newsreel footage:  March 8, 1942 - The USS Maryland is torpedoed by Japanese submarine I-162 off the coast of Australia.  "Twas only a flesh wound" remarked a British adviser who happened to be on the Maryland at the time.

LongBlade

W00t! I can't wait to read how this goes.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Martok

Awesome.  Love reading AAR's, and WITP ones tend to be especially entertaining. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

republic

March 11, 1942

Its a sad day, after a long struggle Allied forces lost the battle of Rabaul.

The battle of Rabaul was hard fought, and the USS Yorktown was lost during its defense about a month prior.  (Unfortunately it was because of my own inexperience with the game.   I had left her air groups on training.  While I'm certain i would have lost her anyway...she failed to launch a single sortie in her defence)

In a prepared statment Admiral Nimitz informed the nation "We've learned a lot in these early months of the war, and we've made a lot of mistakes.  You mark my words...the days of Japanese victories are soon coming to an end!"

Sources close to the administration however are not so optimistic about a quick end to Japanese expansion.  An unnamed source stated  "1942 may indeed be the year of the Rising Sun...but 1943 is sure to be the year the sun begins to set."

Keunert

the Third Konigleijke Dutch Naval Base force left Banjarmasin, as we all know in April 4th, 1942 not March 11th.... so much for historical realism.
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Oscar Wilde

Special K has too much class.
Windigo

republic

March 14, 1942

It can now be disclosed that the HMS Indomitable has been on a secret mission in the vicinity of Eastern Australia.  The submarine I-175 spotted the Indomitable task for on the morning of the 13th.

Very quickly the P Class destroyer HMS Panther dispatched the enemy submarine forthwith.

Unfortunately not before the HMS Cornwall took one amidships.

Meanwhile on the west coast of Borneo, "we're giving as good as we're getting" said an allied aviator.

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Staggerwing

Hey! Martin bomber is Dutch. Good to see the Royal Dutch East Indies Air Force in action.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

republic

March 15, 1942

More action from allied bombers.

The silent service has begun to make their presence known as well

Windigo

My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Keunert

Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Oscar Wilde

Special K has too much class.
Windigo

jomni

Sorry.  There will be no more...
The Allies surrendered to the might of Japan!

republic

Not so fast Tojo!  I've been on hiatus trying to adjust to a new job.  The Allies have a plan...and as soon as I can find out where I wrote it down....   :)

besilarius

Remember the stellar rallying cry to bolster morale on the home front, Hollywood included it in those early movies, "Buy US War Bonds."
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

jomni

Quote from: republic on October 07, 2012, 07:56:58 AM
Not so fast Tojo!  I've been on hiatus trying to adjust to a new job.  The Allies have a plan...and as soon as I can find out where I wrote it down....   :)

Ah good to hear you are thinking getting back.