Jukebox Playlist

Started by Bison, February 07, 2013, 06:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

saw Primus 3 times in the mid-90s.  Opening for Rush on Roll the Bones tour; solo at a local concert hall; 'headlining' Lollapalooza.  They were awesome playing w/ Rush.  They were absolute crap the other 2 times and I almost asked for my money back despite not even paying for either one.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Nefaro

They all sound bad live.  Most more than the few.

Still gotta go with what you know..

Nefaro

Forgot this one..

Wasn't all that enamored when it came out, but it gets better with age like much of this old shit.  The chorus is the sweet part.

Nefaro

I'm tryin to drink away the part of the day I cannot sleep away.

;)

MetalDog

My son went through a Modest Mouse phase.  Heard this song repeatedly (amongst others).

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

MetalDog

Played some burned CD's on the way home from the GF's house tonight.  I forgot how awesome my musical taste is ;)

MetalDog

And a modern day Janis.  I swear if you close your eyes and listen, the spirit of Ms. Joplin just flows through her.

MetalDog

A little David Clayton Thomas and Blood, Sweat and Tears

MetalDog

This single, Make Me Smile and its B-Side, Colour My World were released in March 1970.  If you have someone you love, play these back to back and she will know how good it is to be yours.

MetalDog

And now it's time for bed.  Many is the night as a teen that I would put the head phones on, push Play on the cassette player and crank the volume whilst closing my eyes for sleep.  I love this album!  (Even if it's Phil and not Peter at the vocal helm.)

bob48

OK, MD. All good stuff. As per our conversation, here are a couple of stonkers for ya!

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

BanzaiCat

I've got a new passion - Dropkick Murphys. I had one of their songs on my running playlist last year but I didn't get into their music until just recently. This stuff is great for workouts.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: W8taminute on August 05, 2013, 08:25:46 PM
^Who sings that and what is the name of the song?

Sex & Drugs & Rock'n'Roll Are Dead is the last song.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Skwerl

Bob48 - That's a great call.  See My Way by Blodwyn Pig is superb.

Here's a great oldie - probably the only song in history to include the designation of a jet engine in the chorus (Junkers Jumo 004):

Staggerwing

Yep. Also mentions R4M rockets.

"Goring's on the phone from Freiburg, says "Willi's done quite a job!"

The Secret Treaties album is the first record I ever bought, 1975 or 1976. When I saw the cover for the first time I was floored- Rock&Roll and WW2 Wunderwaffen combined! Not to be overly dramatic but I think that discovering that album let me know that it was ok to have deep interests outside the teenage mainstream (like WW2 aircraft) and still be a relevant individual. No doubt you RPG kids from ten years later will be able to relate.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys