Started by Bison, February 07, 2013, 06:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

BanzaiCat

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Staggerwing

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on February 13, 2015, 08:56:31 AM

Great song. I've been a BOC fan since discovering their 'Secret Treaties' album back in the mid 70's.

Here's another Michael Moorcock penned BOC song...

... that's also written from the viewpoint of Elric of Melniboné, about Stormbringer, his demon sword.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Skwerl

Another band of Moorcock admirers.  He was a quasi-official member in the 70s.  This from the Chronicles of the Black Sword live album.  The opening rant is Moorcock himself (in the flesh).

Staggerwing

Here's a BOC song for the fans of the Hog Life, with an interesting thematic transition from bar tune to fated warrior mythos:

More BOC, this one with one of the most haunting bits of guitar work to make it onto pop radio:

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

Skwerl

Stagger,

I completely agree. Then Came the Last Days of May is their great unsung masterpiece. It is also a superb live song.

MetalDog

My favorite Blue Oyster Cult song.  And a complete blast to play on Guitar Hero 3.  Oh, and Moorcock wrote some of Hawkwind's songs.  Strange dude, Moorcock, but I loved Elric!

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Bison

Staggerwing

-budd-

some more BOC

which led me to some Nazareth

of course i had to grab another from the heavy metal soundtrack
Black Sabbath ....the Mob Rules

then i went into full 80's mode
Accept..fast as a shark.. a little Dieter

time for a double shot.....Accept ...Restless&Wild

they lost their edge when they cut  Ace loose
K.I.S.S. ..... Hard Times

it's always good to end with eye candy
Styx...too much time on my hands
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

BanzaiCat

Been listening to this at work, now that I'm out of hours-long meetings, and have been very productive...

bayonetbrant

"SCREAM FOR ME, LONG BEACH!"
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

-budd-

Shit i still have my ticket stub from that tour somewhere.....that was an awesome album
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

BanzaiCat

It's pretty sad but I was sitting here speaking along with Bruce as he spoke in between songs throughout the entire album..."here's what not to do if a bird sh&ts on you...THE RIME...OF THE ANCIENT...MARINERRRRR"

My son has a desk in my office and he was just ::)

I've listened to that album too many times to count.