Jukebox Playlist

Started by Bison, February 07, 2013, 06:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

I love albums and always will, but, I bought quite a few stinkers just for one song.  Was the rest of the album any good, Stagger?

Sometimes I really love the YouTube wormhole:

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

MetalDog

MetalDog

Stupid band name, good tune

MetalDog

Love to karaoke this song!

Staggerwing

Suicidal tendencies and Violent Femmes- two other albums I owned (really!)

The Suicidal Tendencies album I bought after hearing 'Institution' on the Repo Man soundtrack. Not sure what happened to it.

Violent Femmes debut album? Well, that was just a great piece of work. I still listen to it from time to time.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

MetalDog

I should probably put all these in one post.

Nah.

MetalDog

And just because looking for a song from Guitar Hero started this whole deal, I'll end with one that I would never have known or liked if I hadn't played that game.

W8taminute

Something different.  I don't usually go for this kind of stuff but these guys have got it going on.  There is something strangely compelling about this style of hip hop and I'm not the only one who thinks so based on the comments others have made.

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Staggerwing on July 10, 2015, 10:19:17 PM
I bought the album just for that song. Downloads were not an option back then.

those of us that worked at radio stations just made our own mixtapes ;)

I was always more partial to his cover from the Victoria Williams benefit album

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

Quote from: MetalDog on July 10, 2015, 10:21:46 PM
I love albums and always will, but, I bought quite a few stinkers just for one song.  Was the rest of the album any good, Stagger?

Sometimes I really love the YouTube wormhole:

MetalDog

Quote from: bayonetbrant on July 10, 2015, 10:55:57 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on July 10, 2015, 10:30:24 PMLove to karaoke this song!

ugh...  can't stand Eve 6.

I just like the peppiness of the beat and I can mildly sing it well.  I wouldn't bother with them otherwise.

bayonetbrant

if any of y'all saw the Sonic Highways episode with Austin, TX, you saw a snippet of this song, but here's the whole thing...

bayonetbrant

here's something a little more rocking for your Friday night to make up for it

Arctic Blast

^^And since John Bush from Armored Saint spent some time fronting Anthrax...