Jukebox Playlist

Started by Bison, February 07, 2013, 06:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

remixed tunes and kids soccer highlights

Bayonet Jr is the mop-haired kid who is usually in goal (orange jersey, but sometimes a blue jersey, neon green jersey, or a blue penny)
That's also him scoring the goal at the 1:27 mark

our boys got a lot of practice defending the other teams' kickoffs ;)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

Quote from: bayonetbrant on July 10, 2015, 10:59:12 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on July 10, 2015, 10:21:46 PM
I love albums and always will, but, I bought quite a few stinkers just for one song.  Was the rest of the album any good, Stagger?

Sometimes I really love the YouTube wormhole:

Just found this online...  after 30 years, Mike finally got his Pepsi

Staggerwing

AFA the 'Institutionalized' video goes, many (or at least some) of you will recognize the 'mom' as Mary Woronov.

The 'Dad' is Jack Nance. His is a sad story.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

MetalDog

I recognized her, but not a name or from where.  For a second, I thought I recognized him, too.  Turns out I didn't.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

MetalDog

I'm going to make all y'alls day.  Watch now and thank me later.

Arctic Blast

Emeraldlis

Quote from: MetalDog on July 17, 2015, 09:48:07 PM
I'm going to make all y'alls day.  Watch now and thank me later.

Erm....that poor woman's gone and ruined a perfectly good watch  :2funny:

Bet that's not what all you guys out there were thinkin though  ^-^
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

MetalDog

I heard the song before I saw the video.  The fact the visual is apropos just adds to the awesome :)

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Emeraldlis

Quote from: MetalDog on July 18, 2015, 04:57:11 PM
I heard the song before I saw the video.  The fact the visual is apropos just adds to the awesome :)

Yeah, yeah MD bet you tell this to all the ladies , haha ,  O0

I'm impressed with how long she holds her breath , that is a life skill  ;) and it is a cool visual I agree and an OK song  :2funny:
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

RooksBailey

This is a fantastic piece of mellow jazz.  8)  Might have to add this to my collection rather than just sponge off of Spotify.   :)

"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

Ubercat

Very nice.  :smitten: Miles Davis did a wonderful cover of Joaquín Rodrigo Vidre's song as well.

"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

RooksBailey

Excellent!  It is really interesting to hear how two different artists approach the same piece in a different way.  I love Miles Davis.  His "Kind of Blue" is one of my favorite jazz albums of all time. 
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

Ubercat

:) Kind of Blue and Sketches of Spain are the two Miles albums that I own.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell