'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

bob48

'Clip those corners'

Staggerwing

Had a sudden urge to hear these songs, dunno why...

Back in the late 80's I had a GF who was into the Dead. A teensie bit must have rubbed off on me...
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

MetalDog

My daughter was giving me crap the other night about these guys.  Said to play her a 'good' Dead song.  Took me a while to meet her approval ;)  Went through some good tunes, too.  Some of my favorites:

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Staggerwing

Not in the last two decades, no. We used to have random sampling at work until I left in late 2012.

Who knows if Connecticut goes the way of Colorado though.

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

Emeraldlis

I've never heard of the grateful dead before , but that's great music to chill out to  8) I like the art work on the covers , the middle one reminds me of an art project I did in highschool , only mine had a globe instead of a skull , but very similar .And the rose I would imagine would make a great tattoo , love the depth of colour used on that , and very cool writing font  :)
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

MetalDog

Wow!  I thought the Dead were a global phenomenon.  Glad you liked them.  There's a large catalog to look into if you like.  I wouldn't recommend much of the live stuff.  You can't always tell how tight the band is going to play.    When they are loose, the music can play on for what seems like EVER!  And not in a good way.  So you might want to stick to studio releases. 

Here's a few more of their popular songs here in the States:

And a really good album that would be considered definitive for content and style.

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Staggerwing

Staggerwing

Here's a few more I like:

bayonetbrant

Here's every single Grateful dead tune I like

yep, that's pretty much all of them.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Staggerwing

Somehow I'm not surprised!  :))

Arctic Blast

And now for something completely different!

bob48

'Clip those corners'

Emeraldlis

Quote from: Staggerwing on April 10, 2016, 01:01:43 PM
Quote from: Emeraldlis on April 10, 2016, 11:45:43 AM
I've never heard of the grateful dead before

:o

;D yeah I think the global phenomenon passed me by , MD & staggerwing !!! But thanks to you guys I spent a nice hour or two last night with a glass or two of red wine getting myself acquainted with their music  , so the phenomenon caught up with me , EVENTUALLY :) I liked some of their more upbeat stuff , like sugar magnolia . But I also liked china doll as well , and their artwork is seriously cool , wow !! Did their album title inspire the film by the same name "American beauty " with Kevin spacey , or is that just a complete coincidence?
So yeah , cool song choices guys , thanks  O0
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog