Jukebox Playlist

Started by Bison, February 07, 2013, 06:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martok

Holy crap, wish I'd known about these guys before! 

I think I just found my new favorite screaming rock group.  \m/ 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

bayonetbrant

That's pretty good.  I liked the second one a little better, but both are excellent jams.  Nice find  O0  \m/
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Martok

Heh, thanks.  I just happened to stumble across them whilst playing a mix of NIN and Pearl Jam, of all things. 
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

bayonetbrant

attack of the 90s songs you forgot (or never knew)

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Martok

Bloody hell, Brant.  Just when I was starting to knock down the excessive number of tabs on my YouTube window, you go and do this to me (and I can't resist because your musical tastes seem to be approximately 85% in alignment with my own).  Sigh.  :buck2:  ::) 

bayonetbrant

Well, I hope there was at least one or two good tunes in there for you

Nefaro

Quote from: Martok on March 11, 2017, 02:30:17 PM
Holy crap, wish I'd known about these guys before! 

I think I just found my new favorite screaming rock group.  \m/

Soil was pretty great.  Until the singer swiftly buzzed off to some other band which didn't have "it".   Sad and swift outcome.

Martok

Quote from: bayonetbrant on March 12, 2017, 04:48:55 PM
Well, I hope there was at least one or two good tunes in there for you
There were, thanks.  :) 

Quote from: Nefaro on March 12, 2017, 05:06:56 PM
Soil was pretty great.  Until the singer swiftly buzzed off to some other band which didn't have "it".   Sad and swift outcome.
Huh, interesting.  I just looked him up (Ryan McCombs).  Apparently he was with Drowning Pool for a number of years before rejoining SOiL in 2011.  Small wonder I like his voice then.  O0 

Nefaro

Quote from: Martok on March 13, 2017, 01:05:03 PM

Quote from: Nefaro on March 12, 2017, 05:06:56 PM
Huh, interesting.  I just looked him up (Ryan McCombs).  Apparently he was with Drowning Pool for a number of years before rejoining SOiL in 2011.  Small wonder I like his voice then.  O0

I thought Soil's earlier stuff was far better than the other band he left to join (Drowning Pool).  Soil just sounded more distinct, whereas the other just didn't stand out much to me.  :-\

Nefaro

bayonetbrant

Martok

^  Excellent choices.  I already have all of them on my playlists.  8) 

Quote from: Nefaro on March 13, 2017, 09:01:18 PM
Like..

~~>

Ha.  Yeah, that was great! 

Windigo

Godsmack... remember them well... what album did I get? Hmmm it was on sale by the time I bought it... Awake? Is that the big album they had?

Some good memories of my red Accord Coupe, that Album and a certain lady I was dating at the time.... good post Bayo!
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Windigo on March 15, 2017, 03:54:38 PMGodsmack... remember them well... what album did I get? Hmmm it was on sale by the time I bought it... Awake?

That was their second album.

(checking wikipedia, but I think 1st album outsold 2nd)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godsmack_discography

first album sold more
second album charted higher

some good GS tracks...

wife's favorite

my favorite

their original hit

fun running song

yes I used to run regularly

Windigo

@ Bayo -Good music to be playing while playing World of Tanks....

which segues to a question.... possible new thread... music you listen to while playing war games
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.