Jukebox Playlist

Started by Bison, February 07, 2013, 06:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

here's some fun - without hitting Google...  where else have you heard these singers?

[yt]https://youtu.be/MMHPk6pQQdw[/yt]

[yt]https://youtu.be/YM1GObXvMMo[/yt]
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Pete Dero

Quote from: bayonetbrant on October 02, 2017, 01:28:20 PM
here's some fun - without hitting Google...  where else have you heard these singers?

Both videos are unavailble for me ..

bayonetbrant

I do regret that I never saw these guys live...

[yt]https://youtu.be/K3YD-fgkkQ4[/yt]

MetalDog

Doing research for 1986.  Came across Lilly Winwood's version of her dad's song, "Higher Love," with him on backing vocals and piano.  REALLY good version.  Check it out.

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

MetalDog

The models are back for another go round with Robert Palmer

BanzaiCat

MetalDog

One for Brant.  Sure he knows this version as well as the original.

bayonetbrant

Mark Kendall was an early guitar hero of mine.  I loved the blues licks in the early/mellower part of "Rock Me" and on "House of Broken Love".  Yeah, they were cheesy, but that dude could play.

MetalDog

MetalDog

Supergroup of two prog rock guitar gods (wish their songwriters/vocalists could have joined the project (the guitar parts are fine, but the lyrics and singing are pure 80's schlock))

BanzaiCat

I see your GTR schlock and raise you utter and complete 80s stadium schlock.

EDIT: yeah, this is probably NSFW as there are some bare bewbs in it, albeit briefly.

bayonetbrant

is it bad that I hadn't heard that song since about 1987 or so and still knew all the words?

(hadn't ever seen the video tho - I was in Germany when it came out and no MTV over there at the time)

BanzaiCat

Quote from: bayonetbrant on October 07, 2017, 07:44:44 AM
is it bad that I hadn't heard that song since about 1987 or so and still knew all the words?

Nope. I'd totally forgotten about this song too and hadn't heard it since friggin' high school, and found it on some random list out there in the interwebz. I played it and it all came back to me, too. :)