MetalDog

A favorite of mine from a favorite of mine

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

MetalDog

bayonetbrant

"Antisocial" was the song that turned me onto Anthrax.  My favorite tune of theirs from that era was "Indians"
But what do I know - I have no taste...

[yt]https://youtu.be/RzpRU347BDU[/yt]
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

I always thought 'Indians,' was kind of a response song to, 'Run to the Hills.'

bayonetbrant

you might be right - never really thought of it that way.

then again, Run To The Hills kind of answers itself w/ the 2 different parts of the song
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

True enough.  Maybe a companion then rather than response.

MetalDog

Dylan's big song off the first Wilburys album

MetalDog

Heard of the band, never heard the song.  The YT comments section says it's most prominent use is from, "The Mist."  They call the style DarkWave.  Not my cup of tea, but, something I am sure others here would appreciate.

MetalDog

A blast from the R.E.M. past

Martok

I have to admit, this actually is pretty epic: 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Staggerwing

Quote from: MetalDog on December 02, 2017, 11:31:27 AM
Heard of the band, never heard the song.  The YT comments section says it's most prominent use is from, "The Mist."  They call the style DarkWave.  Not my cup of tea, but, something I am sure others here would appreciate.

The band has (had?) somewhat more approachable songs as well but each is still somewhat 'mythic' in overall style. One half of DCD (Lisa Gerrard) went on to write scores for movies such as Gladiator and LOTR. If you can find it, their live album 'Toward the Within' is very good.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Emeraldlis

Pretty cool having musicians in the family.  Even cooler that they turned you on to Genesis.  But I am a Peter Gabriel guy, and in that Genesis, Phil is just the drummer.  Don't get me wrong, I dig a lot of what came after Pete left, Trick of the Tail, Duke, Abacab, all good albums with Phil singing.  It's after Abacab that I have a problem.  Genesis was the beginning of the end.  There's some great songs on there, but, 'Illegal Alien,' is just a terrible song.  Or at least say it hasn't aged well at all.  And Invisible Touch, outside of, 'Tonight, Tonight, Tonight,' and 'Land of Confusion,' is just pure cash grab.  And it just gets worse from there.
[/quote]

Hi MD ,I didn't realise that you actually liked some of the songs that Phil has song before ...pre Abacab . Maybe you've mentioned this in the past , and I've just forgotten ! I have one hell of a lousy memory ! So I do apologise for my reaction ...I'm sorry  :)  I just get fed up of the hatin' on Phil , especially when I actually enjoy his songs /music/singing /drumming . I read his autobiography, and I just think he's been misunderstood a LOT ! I know he probably hasn't helped his own cause ,when he's maybe concentrated on cash sometimes rather than the music . But , the book gives you a true sense of how much he loves music ....he's a true music fan . His early life is amazing , just how many great musicians he hung around with as a teenager , like cream , like the yard birds before they became Led Zeppelin , the Beatles ...others that I forget now . But he loved those bands and wanted to emulate them . And maybe the music business sucked him in and made him lose his way a bit .....but his musical heart has always been in the right place I think . He holds his hands up in the book ,and apologizes for the times when maybe he made the wrong choices musically ......he has no problem admitting his own mistakes . And I'm not saying all of this to somehow make you come over to my point of view , because I do respect your opinion . But the guy isn't here to defend himself .....and that sucks  :-\  Plus I enjoy talking music with y'all  O0

Quote from: Martok on December 02, 2017, 11:55:11 AM
I have to admit, this actually is pretty epic: 

That is pretty epic Martok  O0 And now I'm gonna find it even more difficult to wait for the new Avengers movie to come out , after listening to that track !

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

Emeraldlis

J'adore this song  :) Jackie Wilson ...nuff said  :)
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

bayonetbrant

feeling like a bunch of cover songs tonight...  and without Google, how many of the original artists can you name?  :)

MetalDog

1 ?
2 ?
3 ?
4 Eagles
5 Smokey Robinson & the Miracles
6 ?
7 ?
8 Temptations
9 ?
10 ?
11 ?