Jukebox Playlist

Started by Bison, February 07, 2013, 06:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

from the same concert - the extended medley that they do live

[yt]https://youtu.be/BvHFDPCTvNo[/yt]
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

MetalDog

Have you checked out Haynes's other band, Gov't Mule?

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bob48

I most certainly have  ;)

Have you seen their Pink Floyd covers?
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

MetalDog

I have not.  But I am not a super huge Floyd fan.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

Have I posted this before?

BanzaiCat

Dunno. Has this one been posted before?

\m/ \m/ \m/

bayonetbrant

that was my first ever slow dance, with Sarah, back in middle school

Emeraldlis

^that's cute, makes me think of will and eleven at the school dance in stranger things :)

One of my favourite dolly songs to listen to.

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

Emeraldlis

Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 15, 2017, 06:19:24 PM

The little monkey and puppet man in this video is super cute  :dreamer: and the metal version of this song is fantastic, I really like it  O0
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

Emeraldlis

^and the cute froggy!!!!!!  :bd:

Emeraldlis

^ and the chicken!!!!!!  ;D

trailrunner

Quote from: Emeraldlis on December 16, 2017, 05:45:46 PM

One of my favourite dolly songs to listen to.

I used to listen to that CD a lot.

In the late 1980s, Linda Ronstadt released a CD as a tribute to her Mexican heritage called Canciones de mi Padre.  It was one of the first CDs I bought when I bought my new-fangled CD player, and I loved it.  I grew up and still lived in southern California at the time, and traveled to Mexico frequently, and had heard a few mariachi bands.  Here is one song from that CD.

Emeraldlis

Quote from: trailrunner on December 16, 2017, 06:45:44 PM

I used to listen to that CD a lot.

In the late 1980s, Linda Ronstadt released a CD as a tribute to her Mexican heritage called Canciones de mi Padre.  It was one of the first CDs I bought when I bought my new-fangled CD player, and I loved it.  I grew up and still lived in southern California at the time, and traveled to Mexico frequently, and had heard a few mariachi bands.  Here is one song from that CD.

She does have a fabulous voice that's for sure :) I don't know to much about mariachi bands, apart from the usual cliché of them playing around people's tables in restaurants! I do love listening to songs sung in spanish/Portuguese though, even if I can't understand half of what's being said, lol. I blame my grandma for making me listen to Julio englasias when I was a kid... And now I like his sons music Enrique, because of that :) your trips to Mexico sound like a lot of fun  O0 and once again I'm jealous that you grew up in sunny california near a beach! Although I live near a lot of beautiful beaches now, so I'm good!!!!!! I love anything to do with the beach, and I actually learned to swim in the sea when I was about 6 or 7 :)
I've just thought of a mariachi band scene in a movie that i like, must people seem to hate this movie, but I love it  :smitten: a walk in the clouds, this is the music from the scene I really love....