Jukebox Playlist

Started by Bison, February 07, 2013, 06:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

Anybody who had kids, or was a kid, in the 90's remembers the Rugrats.  This is off the movie soundtrack.  Always liked this tune (and Rugrats, too)  ;)

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

MetalDog

MetalDog

Some good old, sh*t kickin' country!

MetalDog

BanzaiCat

Staggerwing

Cannon Ball!

BTW, I saw the Butthole Surfers live at the Ritz in NYC. It was quite a show.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

MetalDog

Some Claymation and a heavy beat

Martok

I've probably posted this one before, but if so, it's worth doing so again.  Still one of my favorite TV/film tracks of all time; it just gets me going: 

Quote from: BanzaiCat on January 05, 2018, 08:46:27 PM

Holy crap!  I'd completely forgotten about this song til now; I bet I haven't heard it since I was in college.  Great choice, BC; thanks for posting it! 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Staggerwing

Quote from: Martok on January 05, 2018, 09:56:33 PM
I've probably posted this one before, but if so, it's worth doing so again.  Still one of my favorite TV/film tracks of all time; it just gets me going: 

The BSG crashing down out of sub/hyper/whateverSpace while disgorging a shitstorm of Vipers only to jump back out just before hitting the planetary surface has to be one of the most epic scenes in scifi history.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

BanzaiCat

Quote from: MetalDog on January 05, 2018, 09:20:52 PM
Some Claymation and a heavy beat

LOVE Static-X. Just about any of their albums is gold (to me anyway). RIP Wayne Static. :(

Emeraldlis

Quote from: MetalDog on January 05, 2018, 07:45:56 PM
One for Windi.  Cuz I know he likes country

I only know one or two Tim Mcgraw songs, but I really like his voice. I thought this song was lovely, I'm going to have to listen to more of his stuff one of these days! I like some of the other country you've posted too :)  And I totally remember and loved the rug rats  :D Tommy and his mates antics was fun to watch!

Quote from: Staggerwing on January 05, 2018, 08:59:09 PM
Cannon Ball!

BTW, I saw the Butthole Surfers live at the Ritz in NYC. It was quite a show.

You've just jogged my memory with this song  :) haven't heard it in yonks!!!!!! Great song though :)

That was a great song to listen to! I really like Bear Mcrearys work, he's a great composer. I enjoyed the listen :)
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

Emeraldlis

This song by Bear Mcreary is about bonnie Prince Charlie and the battle of culloden Moor. It's based on the second jacobite uprising in 1745. An attempt to put the young Prince on the throne of England, which his dad James had lost to his daughter Mary and her husband William of orange.

Anyways, a great song sang in Irish gaelic.

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

bayonetbrant

Letters to Cleo are also the band in the club and the guest at the prom in 10 Things I Hate About You. 

They also do the cover of I Want You To Want Me at the end, and the cover of Cruel To Be Kind at the prom scene

[yt]https://youtu.be/_QjT3u_m3a0[/yt]

[yt]https://youtu.be/2ouGtW_5d6A[/yt]

of note - that soundtrack also has 2 pretty good songs by one-hit-wonders everyone loves to hate:

FNT from Semisonic (famous for Closing Time)

[yt]https://youtu.be/SYmdoaB71Do[/yt]

Your Winter from Sister Hazel (famous for All For You, but Happy was sooooo much better)

[yt]https://youtu.be/dC8OvtFAs78[/yt]
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Martok

Quote from: Emeraldlis on January 05, 2018, 11:12:29 PM
This song by Bear Mcreary is about bonnie Prince Charlie and the battle of culloden Moor. It's based on the second jacobite uprising in 1745. An attempt to put the young Prince on the throne of England, which his dad James had lost to his daughter Mary and her husband William of orange.

Anyways, a great song sang in Irish gaelic.

Nice!  I always love me some Celtic music (1/8 Irish ancestry here).  I especially enjoy Gaelic singing, even though I unfortunately don't understand a word of it. 

Quote from: Emeraldlis on January 05, 2018, 11:02:00 PM

That was a great song to listen to! I really like Bear Mcrearys work, he's a great composer. I enjoyed the listen :)
Glad you licked it!  It's even better when you're familiar with that particular scene from the 2004 Battlestar Galactica TV series (as Staggerwing & myself are), but it's still a kick-ass piece of music. 

Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 05, 2018, 11:39:34 PM
Letters to Cleo are also the band in the club and the guest at the prom in 10 Things I Hate About You. 

They also do the cover of I Want You To Want Me at the end, and the cover of Cruel To Be Kind at the prom scene
Ironically, *that* I knew.  It was their older song "Here and Now" that had been erased from my memory -- I suspect because I never made the connection that they were the same group.  :-[ 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Emeraldlis

Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 05, 2018, 11:39:34 PM

[yt]https://youtu.be/_QjT3u_m3a0[/yt]

[yt]https://youtu.be/2ouGtW_5d6A[/yt]

of note - that soundtrack also has 2 pretty good songs by one-hit-wonders everyone loves to hate:

FNT from Semisonic (famous for Closing Time)

[yt]https://youtu.be/SYmdoaB71Do[/yt]

Your Winter from Sister Hazel (famous for All For You, but Happy was sooooo much better)

[yt]https://youtu.be/dC8OvtFAs78[/yt]

10 things I hate about you is one of my favourite films. It's based on Shakespeares taming of the shrew, which is also one of my favourite plays by the bard :)  There is a much older movie... Very cheesy, lol, with the actor who played the lead role in 7 brides for 7 brothers, Howard Keel taking the lead. It's called Kiss me Kate. It's a musical!!!! Lol, and it's not got a modern day setting like 10 things I hate about you, but I still like to give it a watch every once in a while :) The soundtrack from the heath ledger and Julia stiles movie is good :)

I've never heard the other song before, your winter. I think it's a lovely song, I really like it  O0

Quote from: Martok on January 06, 2018, 01:27:55 AM

Nice!  I always love me some Celtic music (1/8 Irish ancestry here).  I especially enjoy Gaelic singing, even though I unfortunately don't understand a word of it. 

Quote from: Emeraldlis on January 05, 2018, 11:02:00 PM

Glad you licked it!  It's even better when you're familiar with that particular scene from the 2004 Battlestar Galactica TV series (as Staggerwing & myself are), but it's still a kick-ass piece of music. 

Yeah, I don't know the scene you're talking about. I think,  In the past I've tried to find somewhere to watch that series, and just couldn't find it. I've heard it's good :) I have the theme music from it somewhere, on something, and it's just a guy playing the theme song on piano, it sounds beautiful.

That's cool about your Irish heritage  O0 I understand some words of gaelic, but that's just because I live here and have picked up a few words and phrases along the way. I just love listening to the language though, and gaelic singers have just a lovely unique tone to their voice I think. The whole river dance album is fantastic if you're into gaelic music.