Jukebox Playlist

Started by Bison, February 07, 2013, 06:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The best movie version of Taming of the Shrew is the old Liz Taylor version back when she was still a hottie
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

So this dude re-recorded Teen Spirit into major chords.  My brain is now confused

[yt]https://youtu.be/vDdeJn67nY8[/yt]
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Emeraldlis

^ no wonder you're confused, that being changed does not sound better! It now sounds like a preppy song on happy pills  :wow: instead of the gritty angst rage against life song that it's supposed to be!

Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 06, 2018, 02:32:59 PM
The best movie version of Taming of the Shrew is the old Liz Taylor version back when she was still a hottie

I know that version and I'm a fan of Liz :) and I'm sure whoever her current squeeze is... I've lost track of the husbands, lol, I'm sure he still thinks she's a hottie ;) you can't be a goddess of the silver screen and lose all of that allure and charm, even though her looks have changed. Some people just ooze with charisma.... And that's attractive at any age I think  :)
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

MetalDog

This album was a huge hit for the Dixie Chicks in '99/'00

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

MetalDog

MetalDog

A happy little tune I'd never heard before

Staggerwing

Quote from: Emeraldlis on January 06, 2018, 03:02:50 PM

I know that version and I'm a fan of Liz :) and I'm sure whoever her current squeeze is... I've lost track of the husbands, lol, I'm sure he still thinks she's a hottie ;) you can't be a goddess of the silver screen and lose all of that allure and charm, even though her looks have changed. Some people just ooze with charisma.... And that's attractive at any age I think  :)

Sadly, Liz Taylor passed away about 6-7 years ago.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

MetalDog

For our Canadian friends

MetalDog

MetalDog

Nickelback before there was a Nickelback

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

trailrunner

bayonetbrant

bayonetbrant

Emeraldlis

Quote from: Staggerwing on January 06, 2018, 04:14:16 PM
Quote from: Emeraldlis on January 06, 2018, 03:02:50 PM

Sadly, Liz Taylor passed away about 6-7 years ago.

Well , now I feel like an idiot  :hide: I knew my memory was bad ...but apparently it's a lot worse than I thought ! I don't even remember hearing about that . But I was really ill 7 years ago , and to be honest I wasn't really paying attention to much of the worlds comings and goings . That is super embarrassing though  :hide: but thanks for pointing it out :)
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog