StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm is Out

Started by TheCommandTent, March 12, 2013, 07:14:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheCommandTent

QuoteVINE, Calif.—March 12, 2013—Hail to the Queen of Blades! Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. today set off a global zerg invasion with the launch of StarCraft® II: Heart of the Swarm™, the next chapter in the epic saga of StarCraft® II. Kerrigan has arrived, and with the help of her brood, she aims to take down Arcturus Mengsk once and for all.

Players can now purchase Heart of the Swarm in retail stores throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, Russia, South Korea, Australia, New Zealand, Southeast Asia, Mexico, Chile, Brazil, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau, as well as digitally via the game's official website (www.StarCraft2.com). Release plans for mainland China will be announced at a later date.

"Heart of the Swarm enhances every aspect of StarCraft II," said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. "In addition to Kerrigan's campaign and the new multiplayer units and maps, we think players will really enjoy the new online elements and new features that make StarCraft II more fun and easier to learn than ever before."

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/press/pressreleases.html?id=9067509

All day and no thread on this?  Did anyone pick this up?

I have been waiting to get SCII: Wings of Liberty but I don't think I can wait any longer and maybe bundle the games games for $59.99.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Bison

I can only handle one release debacle at a time.  Last spring it was Diablo 3.  This spring it's Simcity.

DeathTouchWilly

Crap. I pre-ordered it because all my friends play and i totally forgot to practice in anticipation of the release. They're going to destroy me at this game now.

Anyway I'll be playing it here and there but with Sim City out my gaming time is severely limited. I prefer the multiplayer to the campaign typically as the challenge is a lot more... intense. I'll probably play through the campaign and then obsess over the multiplayer every few months like I did with the original SC2. I played the HOTS beta a bunch it was good fun, definitely worth a buy if you enjoy SC2.

Too many games not enough time - the story of virtually everyone on this forum...

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Bison on March 12, 2013, 07:28:46 PM
I can only handle one release debacle at a time.  Last spring it was Diablo 3.  This spring it's Simcity.

Well I figure if I get the two games bundled I'll be ok.  Wings of Liberty has been out long enough that all the bugs should be worked out of that. By the time I get around to finishing that all the bugs will be worked out of Heart of the Swarm.  ;D
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Bison

TBH Wings of Liberty actually released in real good shape.  It got better when they added in an offline play option.  Still waiting for that to happen with Diablo 3.

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Bison on March 12, 2013, 08:24:09 PM
TBH Wings of Liberty actually released in real good shape.  It got better when they added in an offline play option.  Still waiting for that to happen with Diablo 3.

Good to hear hopefully I can get them dld overnight while I sleep.

Kushan

I'm only interested in the SP campaign so I'm going to try and wait until it goes on sale.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Bison

Well considering it's Blizzard you might be waiting awhile.

TheCommandTent

If you buy the bundle right now you save $20

Greybriar

Quote from: TheCommandTent on March 12, 2013, 10:04:47 PM

If you don't buy the bundle you save a lot more than $20.  ;)
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

LongBlade

Quote from: Bison on March 12, 2013, 07:28:46 PM

Dude, are you crazy. You bought several games at PrezCon! Think how overloaded your brain will get! Those boardgames are still games, even if they're in the closet!
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

jomni

Quote from: Greybriar on March 12, 2013, 10:08:31 PM
Quote from: TheCommandTent on March 12, 2013, 10:04:47 PM

If you don't buy the bundle you save a lot more than $20.  ;)

Omg that's a really funny reply and it makes so much sense.

Tpek

If you call burning people's GPUs "a good shape"... :P

Yskonyn

Quote from: Tpek on March 13, 2013, 04:31:36 AM

If you call burning people's GPUs "a good shape"... :P

Well Minecraft did the same at first and people are still raving about that game. ;)

Besides, having, or not having in this case, a frame limiter says nothing about the game itself. It's just a technical bit, which was easily fixed soon by the devs, or before that by the players themselves with a 3rd party tool.

Still, having a game damage your hardware s$cks pretty hard. :D
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."