Warlock II: The Wrath of Pete

Started by MetalDog, March 12, 2013, 11:11:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

What else was I supposed to name it? 

This one will be an attempt to upset one of the gods SO BAD, that they send an Avatar to destroy me.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Martok

Yay!  Can't wait to see Pete again; I've missed the ol' bugger.  ;) 

Also:  Pissing off a god -- should be fun to watch (remind me to bring popcorn)! 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

bob48

Only had an avatar hit me once so far, and I really can't remember what I did to upset a Deity, but oh man, they are bad news.

Good luck MD.

R.I.P Pete!

(puts on tin-hat - runs for the bunker)
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

TheCommandTent

Quote from: MetalDog on March 12, 2013, 11:11:18 PM
What else was I supposed to name it? 

This one will be an attempt to upset one of the gods SO BAD, that they send an Avatar to destroy me.

Now that is a tease for game AAR.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

MetalDog

Glad to know you are all on board.  I've been thinking that I wiil have to pursue the path of one god i.e., build Temples in each city I can with a Holy Site to one specific god.  It should put me in opposition to another god.  And I am hoping that there is programming in the game that acknowledges that Defeat an Avatar is the lone victory condition and it will actively help me to get one to appear.

bob48

...erm, MD, pal.....

If this should go pear-shaped on you, I want you to know that I'll be glad to take care of your Zappa collection.

Y'know, good home an' all that. :D

'Clip those corners'

MetalDog

As you're the decent sort bob, I'd be glad to know that my Frank collection is in good hands.    You might want to be careful listening to it around people though.  Some of the lyrics and musical themes might be too much for ordinary folk.

And I apologize for being a tease, but if you will all bear with me for the next thirty six hours, I will have the beginning of this played and up.

bob48

I shall play 'Willie the Pimp' from the Hot Rats album until my ears fall off.

'Clip those corners'

MetalDog

Alright ladies, here we go.  I chose Challenging as my difficulty and Defeat an Avatar as my lone Victory Condition.  The world is cylindrical with continents and normal size.  There are three mages and three other worlds.

MetalDog

I chose Sol de Torvega.  He already has an advanced relationship with one of the gods, Helia.  I am hoping this will put me in opposition with another god sooner rather than later (and that may be a statement qualifying for, "be careful what you wish for you just might get it").

MetalDog

This is my capitol, Eatmor.  Pigs are the only resource that can be seen from my starting position.  With +20% Farming as my Special Ability, that will be even more helpful.  Let's see what some exploring will reveal.

MetalDog

The benefit of starting as a Monster is that your starting melee unit is Ratman Robbers.   The Robbers have extra Movement Points, one more hex of sight (three rather than the standard two) and the damage they do is 7 Melee PLUS 3.5 Death Magic.  While not significant, the Death Magic is useful.

MetalDog

My initial build is a Craftsmen District.  I will get 40 Gold for building one.  I also start some Goblin Spearmen.

MetalDog

Melee Resistance and Elemental Resistance are two spells that are offered in the initial research.  I choose Melee as I would like to bump my Ratman Robbers up.  They are a good exploratory unit and I am looking to reveal as much of the map as I can as quickly as I can in order to find Holy Sites.

MetalDog

The situation after Turn 1.  There is a Neutral city along with Iron, the resource for building Halberdiers, some Gold and a treasure to be looted.  Looks like a god start.