Dominions 3 Grogheads Battle Royale (5 man 1 day turnaround game)

Started by undercovergeek, March 13, 2013, 07:43:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

In regard to the message on turn 13, I was replying to someone who had replied to my attempt at trolling the players to see if I could get them to think the message was coming from their own spies. Apparently either that message had come from you (and you've forgotten), or I missed my aim when clicking the nation to whom I wanted to send the message. (This happens more often than I want to admit on rare occasion.)

Soon afterward I would decide that Caelum should be an ally, so after that I wasn't worried about his heroes being so uber.

(Also, I inadvertently killed half of them when he walked into a territory within my dominion that I was also planning to liberate from its bandits. But we got our boundaries sorted out quickly afterward and formed a joint victory alliance. Not that I told anyone at the time, figuring it might be useful if people thought I was fighting against Caelum.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

undercovergeek

Turn 15 -

Another management turn

The 2 unexpected events are 1600 gold being raised from taxes and good will - see luck 3 everytime! The proclamation from me is announcing Svipdag as my Prophet and Construction 3 is achieved

So that's Caleum in the Northwest, but still 2 black candles to the North - that must be Arcosophale which means they must have both raced South together to this point

And the end of turn movement. The searchers do their searching thing in Nilmeria. The victory in Mnace leads me to believe i have enough troops to split the army and head for the southeast with Surt in the 'race for the lake' with Mictlan AND the north to secure the fortress site. The bulk of the forces head east and a small detachment heads North. Saxe leaves the fens after building a temple and heads Southwest to meet up with some reinforcements to take North - the Northern army has plenty of werewolves but only a few arrow catching Jotun Militia, Surt leaves some behind in Nilmeria for Saxe to pick up and move North with. Leaving Neifelheim for the Fens is a Gygja who is needed to build a lab there - the Mages i will hire in the fens need both a lab and a temple - almost there

undercovergeek

Turn 16 -

More magic gem sites found - woohoo. The battle for the province next to the fortress site and we rehire Dagan for his research prowess

Its a small band of wolves that take on the 30 odd indys and i cross my fingers its not a Venna all over again...............

............we neednt have worried, next turn the fortress site

End of turn stuff - Confident now i can take the fortress site without further reinforcements we send Saxe and his militia reinforcements back toward Surt. The searchers move south again to the bottom of the map - there stands a new indy commander who will be in charge of my Elephant Regiments!! The small pack of wolves head west to the fortress site - 3 candles to the West now, Ermor is coming! Out of Neifelheim comes Hippomachos with his own band of werewolves to reclaim the North, and the scout heads into enemy territory to see whats happening

undercovergeek

Turn 17 -

Astral gems and Earth gems found in Ardun and Juec. The battle for the fortress site in Yldmyre and WTF has happened in Midland - i dont even know where it is!

Same as usual - wolves charge, indys charge, indys get mashed, province to Neifelheim:-

Aaaaah - its Caelum's battle and i have a scout in the region (awww look at the tiny men with wings on, he has a fairy army!) - free preview of Yskonyn's tactics - im either going to be highly impressed at this, or highly amused

Chortle, i dont think that went according to plan, although to be fair about 2 seconds after this shot a s*** ton of lightening came out of the sky and fried most of the guys not on horseback - that was quite an eye opener.

This then is all the players, Caelum to the Northwest, Arcosophale to the North, Mictlan to the East and what must be Ermor to the West - and here in the middle is where we have all met - this will be the hotbed of contested ground i imagine. Note as a newbie it never occurred to me to initiate contact with Caelum and Arcosophale, i didnt share a border with Caelum, and Jason is....... well, bonkers!

The end of turn shuffle - Hippomachos and his wolves go Northwest, the Gygja goes back to Neifelheim having built the lab - our first indy mage is recruited here in the fens. The searchers search and Saxe, Surt and the cursed army go southeast to take the lake shores

airboy

When will we see an update?

It has been a month and a week since the last update!

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!