Dragon's Dogma for XBOX360

Started by W8taminute, May 13, 2013, 12:06:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W8taminute

OMG I can't believe that DD and DA are incompatible with each other.  I was wondering why I could hire your pawns but you can't hire mine.  Now that I think about it I couldn't even rate Nionde or Ser Fulgrim either.  That does indeed suck.

Still, if you don't mind, I'd like to keep Nionde and Ser Fulgrim with me during my adventure.  They really do know how to fight and your screenies of your adventure confirms it!  Plus their commentary during the lull in the fighting is classic.  Can't wait to see how my pawn, Magnus (the Red), develops.  He's already a 3 star pawn and I just recently upgraded his protective clothing and spells. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Grimnirsson

QuoteNow that I think about it I couldn't even rate Nionde or Ser Fulgrim either.  That does indeed suck.

And one doesn't get any rift crystals either - what a silly design decision. :( That also might explain this weird 'invalid data' message when I was at the Inn...

QuoteStill, if you don't mind, I'd like to keep Nionde and Ser Fulgrim with me during my adventure.

Sure, why not? :)

QuoteCan't wait to see how my pawn, Magnus (the Red), develops.  He's already a 3 star pawn and I just recently upgraded his protective clothing and spells.

One important thing for the behavior of the Pawn is the use of certain elixirs, I wasn't aware of that in my first hours and was wondering why Nionde was so inconsistent in her behavior, the knowledge chair is only part of the possibilities to teach a Pawn as I found out. It's speaking with your Pawn, giving him the right Elixirs and having a consistent fighting style for your main character. After that she was doing what I thought she should do and I am very pleased with her :)

http://dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Pawn_Inclination
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

Grimnirsson

QuoteI'm beginning to wonder if I should set up a facebook account just so that I can share images from DD.  I know that the built in screenshot sharing only works with social media such as facebook.  Now if I can get over my paranoia of using social media I'll be all set.

Yes, it only works with a Facebook account but if you have one it's really simple, it's just pressing the start button when you think you have a cool situation on the screen you want to share. And as I already told you, there's no need for paranoia, you can have very strict settings for your Fb account and you could actually set it completely to private, so no one could read or post anything on your timeline. Or you limit it to friends etc.. Once the pics are uploaded you have a DD album and can link the url of the pics to wherever you want, like we do here :)

www.homefrontcenter.de

W8taminute

Nice article on pawn inclinations.  I will have to pay more attention to his personality development now.  Now that I've made it to Soren perhaps Magnus and I will take a break to drink elixirs and sit at the chair for a while.   ;D
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Yskonyn

Necro!

Picked this up the other day and totally digging it! Is anyone else still playing?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Grimnirsson

Stopped a while ago because other games got in the way ;) But this is on the list of games I'll definitely play again and play through then :)

www.homefrontcenter.de

Yskonyn

If you start over, drop me a note. Should be fun to do it with someone.
It's a weird (in the good sense of the word) game. Japanese trying to make a western RPG. But it has some pretty cool twists!
I just find many of the monsters hard to dispatch properly... oh and riding one is just awesome! :P

*whisper* Did that sound right?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

W8taminute

I play this game on and off in short spurts.  There is just too many other games in the way right now however DD is one I want to finish someday.  It's a captivating game rich in detail both in the world and the characters.   ;)

Yskonyn

I agree. But it'll go nowhere! As long as my 360 does not break down. :)