Clash of the Titans - PS4 vs Xbox One

Started by Grimnirsson, May 22, 2013, 04:43:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grimnirsson

Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

W8taminute

Disturbing articles but they do confirm my conviction to stay away from XBOX One.  Sony must be laughing their pants off because MS in their greed has crossed a dangerous line IMO.  Personal privacy gone.  Can't buy used games for cheap or sell or give them to others.  The XBOX must be connected at least once every 24hrs.  This is slavery!!!

As long as the PS4 doesn't follow this model I believe Sony will be the big winner in the next gen console war. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Grimnirsson

It's insane....it seems that they don't care anymore about their reputation and just think "Think what you want, do what you want - we are gonna conquer this market anyway and you WILL play to our rules". Makes sense after joining with EA that got the title 'worst company' two times in a row:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/09/ea-named-worst-company-in-america-again

The next voting will be not as clear i suppose since M$ is so eager to do everything to get it this time...

www.homefrontcenter.de

Grimnirsson

I'm stunned with all the new info about possible plans of M$ popping up everywhere...like if they opened the Box of Pandora for our gaming hobby...

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-15015-Microsoft-Patents-Achievements-for-Watching-Television.html

www.homefrontcenter.de

W8taminute

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-14984-Xbox-One-s-Internal-Hard-Drive-Can-t-Be-Replaced.html

You can't replace the hard drive?  It keeps getting worse and worse doesn't it?

Achievements for watching tv?  Think about it, they want to control the masses and make them watch certain video content by rewarding them with an achievement.  What are we, animals to be experimented on?
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Grimnirsson

Well, the too small non-replaceable HDD is the least of the problems the Xbox One has since you can use an external HDD. I suppose if the internal HDD dies the system is dead for good anyway.

QuoteThink about it, they want to control the masses and make them watch certain video content by rewarding them with an achievement

That's the plan apparently.

www.homefrontcenter.de

eyebiter

Since it's the weekend will post this now.  Caution NSFW language.

Grimnirsson

www.homefrontcenter.de

Grimnirsson

QuoteThe Xbox One is not only aimed at core gamers, though this group remains "incredibly important" for the next-generation platform, Microsoft has said.

Hear it from the M$ officials:

www.homefrontcenter.de

Barthheart

EDIT - Double post.....  :-[

Grimnirsson

Barth,

hm, isn't this the video from the post above yours? :P

www.homefrontcenter.de

Barthheart

Quote from: Grimnirsson on May 27, 2013, 10:08:47 AM
Barth,

hm, isn't this the video from the post above yours? :P

OOPS! Yep.... serves me right fer not watching yours first.
:-[

Grimnirsson

Double posting the video actually is needed to match the madness that is Xbox One...

www.homefrontcenter.de

W8taminute

Looks like MS says you no longer need Kinnect plugged in and on in order to use XBONE.  Does this change things for anyone?

http://www.trueachievements.com/n14262/xbox-one-kinect-use-clarified.htm

Grimnirsson

Not for me...all this silly turn around, and around and then around again is clearly showing that M$ has no vision, no real idea what they want to achieve. It's much worse than before because to me they are big liars now in addition to being greedy bastards. First they come up with these massive restrictions and that Kinect is central to the new console and all and now everything is taken back...I mean either it was necessary to have all this for their new console concept as they said or it was not. Now it seems they just tried to maximize profit and to restrict the freedom of the gamers, just to see how far they could go, because none of the points they brought on the table is now needed anymore...I will play on the 360 and next year will play on the PS4 no matter what M$ is doing, showing, changing etc.. because I don't trust them anymore, not one bit.

www.homefrontcenter.de