1870 Franco-Prussian War

Started by Bill Runacre, June 26, 2013, 10:17:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Runacre

Hi

I just want to highlight the release of our divisional level 1870 Franco-Prussian War campaign, which comes as a free bonus content with the latest patch of Strategic Command WWI Breakthrough!  :)

I've got an AAR on the go, where I am Prussian and Ivanov (my previous opponent in some WWI and Russian Civil War AARs) has bravely taken on the role of playing as France. So far there have been some clashes in the frontier areas, but now the French appear to be withdrawing towards Metz.

You can follow the AAR here:

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=110366

More information can be found here:

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=272&Itemid=450

Bill
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

Nefaro

This is pretty cool.

There are so many hour upon hours of playtime in SCWWI and it's expansion.  I need some extra hours in the day.  :)

WallysWorld

Very good to see these more obscure conflicts being programmed into games.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bob48

Very nice. I would be even nicer if it covered the 7 weeks war as well.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Wolfe1759

Very nice addition to the game.

Particularly liked this in the patch notes for the Franco-Prussian war

- The Eifel Tower has been removed from Paris (Xwormwood).

Nice bit of attention to detail  :)
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

MengJiao

Quote from: WallysWorld on June 26, 2013, 12:41:24 PM
Very good to see these more obscure conflicts being programmed into games.

It's magnificent, but it is not war.

Al

Quote from: Nefaro on June 26, 2013, 12:24:59 PM
This is pretty cool.

There are so many hour upon hours of playtime in SCWWI and it's expansion.  I need some extra hours in the day.  :)

No kidding.  I've been spending a lot of time (probably too much time) playing the Ostaufmarsch (sp?) scenario from the Breakthrough Expansion and now they've added this.  Sheesh - it's like they want us to keep playing their game or something.   :P
Al

airboy

This is an amazing level of customer service.  If you have WW1 & Breakthrough you now have:
1] Balkins Conflict prior to WW1
2] Russian Civil War
3] An Entire WW2 game
4] Franco-Prussian War

All on the strategic level.

This is an amazing value for an excellent WW1 Strategic Level game.

Gusington

Is WWI and Breakthrough sold together at a discount?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Al

Quote from: Gusington on June 26, 2013, 07:41:13 PM
Is WWI and Breakthrough sold together at a discount?

Yes - together $55, separately $70.
Al

panzerde

This is great!  I've wanted to be able to game this for ages, but thought no one would ever make anything but a board game version of this conflict.  I'll have to give it a go.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Gusington

To be honest I may pick up the combo package just for the 1870 scenario and the more obscure pre WWI conflicts.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

agathosdaimon

outstanding, I was already planning to get SC WW1 and Breakthrough and this just makes it all the more a certainty. this and John Tillers WW1 Squad Battles look to be the ones i want to get for more WW1 wargaming.

Gusington

Me too! Must control myself.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd