Microsoft does away with MSPs

Started by W8taminute, August 27, 2013, 08:06:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

W8taminute

Microsoft has done away with it's Microsoft Point System used for purchasing DLC content and games from XBOX Live.  Personally I'm kind of pissed about this.  Yesterday I was forced to accept the patch that implements this new policy when I logged in my XB. 

What has me upset is the fact that they can start charging tax on purchases now whereas before under the MSP program we here in the US did not pay taxes on purchases made.  I also heard a rumor that if you have any leftover MSP cards that you have not redeemed yet they will expire.  Can anyone confirm that?
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Huw the Poo

Quote from: W8taminute on August 27, 2013, 08:06:54 AM
What has me upset is the fact that they can start charging tax on purchases now whereas before under the MSP program we here in the US did not pay taxes on purchases made.  I also heard a rumor that if you have any leftover MSP cards that you have not redeemed yet they will expire.  Can anyone confirm that?

Probably.  When I got my update I was warned that the MSP I had on my account would expire at some point, so I'm sure the cards will too.