'Horison' A 4x with Turn-Based Tactical combat

Started by gameleaper, September 09, 2013, 05:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gameleaper

Hi I have the boardgame Star Fleet Battles, and this tactical combat feel a lot like it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnszHPL2mTE

Horison is completely turn-based , its in alpha but looks like its well advanced here is somemore Youtube action look at user "malkuth1974"

horizon is a indie game on steam

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Steelgrave

Man, indie or not, those graphics look about 25 years old  :P

mikeck

Yeah, the planet graphics and uI graphics are decent. The battles...not so much
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Steelgrave

Quote from: mikeck on September 09, 2013, 02:54:20 PM
Yeah, the planet graphics and uI graphics are decent. The battles...not so much

I think the alien races are pretty meh.....I can remember when graphics didn't matter to me, but now they do.

tgb

Anyone actually play this?  I've been hovering over the "purchase" button the last couple of days.

Martok

Bearing in mind it's been some time since I played Horizon, I would probably wait a bit yet, tgb.  It includes some promising gameplay mechanics, but it's still in an alpha state (if I'm not mistaken), and is there fore pretty raw at the moment. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

bbmike

Quote from: gameleaper on September 09, 2013, 05:27:11 AM
Hi I have the boardgame Star Fleet Battles, and this tactical combat feel a lot like it...
You know gameleaper, I've wondered how your game WarTactical would work as a sort of Star Fleet Battles like game.  ;)
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

gameleaper

Quote from: bbmike on September 10, 2013, 05:28:00 PM
Quote from: gameleaper on September 09, 2013, 05:27:11 AM
Hi I have the boardgame Star Fleet Battles, and this tactical combat feel a lot like it...
You know gameleaper, I've wondered how your game WarTactical would work as a sort of Star Fleet Battles like game.  ;)

:) its so good it can swim too :)