GTA 5 Makes $800 Million in First 24 Hours

Started by mirth, September 18, 2013, 07:59:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

undercovergeek

Quote from: Grimnirsson on October 02, 2013, 05:40:17 AM
Al Capone was  than 40... ;)

To have such limitations in a character builder is just silly, but then again...the whole character builder is crap.

see now he was a 'proper' gangster

not these rap music listening, drug dealing, car stealing ne'er do wells of r* games

Grimnirsson

Maybe I'll be more the Capone guy in GTAO... ;)
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

W8taminute

I got online yesterday and could not even start the mandatory race you're required to complete.  At least I created a character but I have to agree that the character builder is absolute rubbish.  Of all the games I've played within the past 2 years I'd say Skyrim and Dark Souls character builders are the best though both are different from each other.

At least I was able to get my character to kind of sort of look like me.   8)

I intend to try to be a nice bad guy.   I don't want to end up in some jerk hell matchmade game. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Grimnirsson

QuoteAt least I was able to get my character to kind of sort of look like me.

Well, that your are able to do that with this crap character builder should tell you something my friend...I suppose the pics you posted here were all fake or your neighbour then, hm?  :P

www.homefrontcenter.de

W8taminute

:)

At least I got the beard part right in my character build. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Grimnirsson

Wow, this sucks...the Social Club cloud server are offline the whole day, so you are allowed to get into GTAO, but saving is disabled and your online character is gone...even in SP you can't take pics, compare your stats with your frinds etc.. -so I even stopped playing the SP for now...

www.homefrontcenter.de

W8taminute

Thanks for the FYI.  I will try to play both SP and Online tonight but if things are still bad at least I can try to beat the Great Wolf Sif in Dark Souls.  He's been haunting me now for months and I just can't seem to beat him.

Grimnirsson

Seems the better option, yeah...I also read that folks lose their SP progress while trying to go online...that's something that would make go BOOM.

Regarding Sif, he's not that hard, just make sure to stay close to him so he can't attack you with the sword slash attack.

www.homefrontcenter.de

W8taminute

About that save file bug.  Last night I panicked when after downloading GTAO and pressed start instead of autoloading my SP game it started all over again from the beginning. 

I nearly exploded into a fit of rage but instead I tried to load save game and was happy to see my save file from the previous night was still there!   I think some people got confused and think they lost their save files when really they are still there but the patch starts the game all over again for some reason. 

About Sif.  I came so close to beating him last night.  The closest I've ever come.  I did exactly like you said and stayed underneath him.  But my trouble is when he jumps away I have to run over to him and try to get underneath him again.  That's where I die because I have not perfected my timing when rolling underneath his sword swipe/slash attack.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Grimnirsson

What a shit launch of the online part...three characters and all the progress and the time I invested....deleted by the game. After I quit and then later come back to the game, I'm back to start...three times now!!!

Fuck you R*, this is beyond acceptable  >:(

www.homefrontcenter.de

Grimnirsson

Just tested this...fact is my online characters are not saved. Made a new one, played the tutorial race and the dope job, quit - progress will be saved says the game - go to dashboard, then get back into the game, no character...everytime

So this means GTAO is unplayable for me right now...great, they make a ton of money, they had time enough to test shit, they even delayed it two weeks after game launch, they should have known what to expect regarding number of players/buyers...they now work on it for days...and the game is deleting all your progress. But hey...we at least get greedy microtransactions, so we can give them even more money!

Needless to say I'm REALLY PISSED...

www.homefrontcenter.de

W8taminute

I didn't realize how bad it was Grim.  You mentioned that glitch to me earlier today but to have it do that to you every time is totally unacceptable.  Has your SP game save been lost?  If that ever happens as a result of playing GTAO I think R* would be facing a riot of out of control customers that they could not possibly fix.

Grimnirsson

www.homefrontcenter.de

Grimnirsson

www.homefrontcenter.de