Main Menu

PS4

Started by Jarhead0331, January 08, 2014, 10:21:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

My PS4 (late holiday present from wifey) is being delivered TODAY! Tonight, I sink my teeth into Killzone. Stay tuned for overall system impressions.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

BanzaiCat

Congrats on that. Highly jealous!

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 08, 2014, 10:46:56 AM

I got the dual controller bundle, so you can come over and play anytime, Banzai.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

undercovergeek

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 08, 2014, 10:53:52 AM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 08, 2014, 10:46:56 AM

I got the dual controller bundle, so you can come over and play anytime, Banzai.

ahem!!!!

W8taminute

Well done JH!  Well done.   8)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Jarhead0331

Delivered!

Undercover, me casa, su casa. You have an open invitation.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

BanzaiCat

Whereabouts is your casa? ;)

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 08, 2014, 01:22:43 PM

New York metropolitan area, regretfully.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Grimnirsson

Cool, let us know what you think :)
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

son_of_montfort

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 08, 2014, 10:21:01 AM
My PS4 (late holiday present from wifey) is being delivered TODAY! Tonight, I sink my teeth into Killzone. Stay tuned for overall system impressions.

Hey! Mine got delivered today too! I also have Killzone, so we should MP. My handle is CythUllu.

"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

undercovergeek

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 08, 2014, 12:49:58 PM
Delivered!

Undercover, me casa, su casa. You have an open invitation.

lol, enjoy - let us know how it plays

Jarhead0331

Quote from: son_of_montfort on January 09, 2014, 01:58:37 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 08, 2014, 10:21:01 AM

Hey! Mine got delivered today too! I also have Killzone, so we should MP. My handle is CythUllu.

Nice! I think I'm Jarhead0331. LoL

So, here is the thing...Killzone seems pretty cool so far, but I'm not totally blown away. It looks nice, but not awe-inspiring and it plays like just another console shooter. Not really sure what I expected. Anyway, I know it takes time for software developers to learn the hardware and really take advantage of it so we'll see what happens. However, there are really only a handful of games on the horizon that I'm looking forward to and they don't start popping up until late March at the earliest and then much later in the year. I suspect I won't get much use out of the system until then.

In the meantime, I do really like the general PS menu and it seems like it has been drastically improved over the PS3. I also like the look and style of the actual box. Very sleek and the light bar is really badass.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

undercovergeek

BF4 purchase imminent?

Jarhead0331

Quote from: undercovergeek on January 09, 2014, 07:26:44 AM
BF4 purchase imminent?

I have it on pc already. I don't see any reason to by it again on  a console.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 08, 2014, 03:18:32 PM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 08, 2014, 01:22:43 PM

New York metropolitan area, regretfully.

I was born in Rochester but my family didn't stay long. Always wanted to get back up to NY. I almost took a job a few years back just across the Hudson in Jersey, but the place was way too expensive - I don't think I would have been able to afford a refrigerator box.

Let us know what other games you get and your opinions - I'd be curious to see how well you think it's developing as a gaming platform. I'll probably get one eventually, maybe in the next couple of years.