"You've Lost That Friday Feeling...." - Say it isn't so! F R I D A Y!!

Started by JudgeDredd, January 24, 2014, 03:15:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MengJiao

Quote from: Sir Slash on January 24, 2014, 08:31:44 AM
Rome 2. Playing as Rome, I just finished off the Etruscans. I know that should've been done long ago, I'm about 70 turns in, but I let them keep Corsica out of generosity and then the treacherous bastards stabbed me in the back. I've also gotten re-hooked on the Sicilian Vespers mod for M2TW and will lead France in turning back the Moorish hordes and saving civilization while eating a sandwich at the same time.

I always let the Etruscans hang around on Corsica too.  Partly I think because I wish the game was more focused and I wish the focus was on an earlier period.  It would be such fun taking Veii from the Etruscans in around 400 BC.  Games have such a limited view of amusements (paradoxically).  It's supposed to be fun to be a blacksmith in 1403 AD or the Whole Roman Senate in 272 BC.  Surely the real fun is somewhere in between, but games rarely seem to get to that point.  Even Birth of Rome starts after 300 BC.  I suppose the excuse is something like "But Americans have never heard of the Etruscans!"  Come on!  What about the Faliscans!  The brave 300...er...Faliscans!

But I'm probably going to be playing DCS: Su-25T.  And CMFI and RoF and ARMAIII mostly.  anyway.

mikeck

Going to try a new Rome 2 game vanilla with the new beta patch.
Still trying manage my galactic monarchy in distant worlds and will definitely find time for flashpoint campaigns
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

undercovergeek

A Rome II beta 9 campaign as the Carthaginians again

Invade Hungary as Austria in EUIV and take back the Emperors land theyve stolen

Finally found a conclusive, instructive Lets Play of PrON - i might actually get past the menu screen

BanzaiCat

Every Friday I get ideas in my head as to what I'm playing, and every Friday something comes up to change all of that. My graphic design skills at my new job are making the execs request more and more designs for their presentations, which is taking me away from the training material I need to do. So I'll probably be doing some e-learning stuff this weekend. Yay me. On the positive side I might be able to convince them to let me have a new 24" monitor at home to use as a second screen for my laptop.

I want to, at least, get to learn Space Hulk: Death Angel and play some Field Commander: Alexander. Otherwise some Civ V, probably tonight...yesterday's game had me miss out on founding a religion and I'm pretty upset about that. How dare those AI zealots mess up my game by not letting me set up my own zealout-ness?

Kushan

Quote from: undercovergeek on January 24, 2014, 01:33:44 PM

I allied with them in my current Austrian game. Right now I'm hoping I can maintain my Austria/Hungary/Bohemia power block if Burgundy or France comes calling for imperial territory. Hopefully Bohemia and Hungary don't decide to go to war anytime soon.....

I found out the other night, that if your are the curia controller, you can break royal marriages without suffering from the stability hit. Used it as Castille to break off my royal marriages with Aragon and Burgundy. Me and Aragon where good friends until their first ruler died, then the declared me a rival and broke off our alliance. I was able to maintain a decent relationship with them but not enough for them them to un-rival me and re-accept a alliance offer. Was hoping the Castile/Aragon royal marriage event would fire but now that I have all the other requirements I'm tired of waiting for it. Now Aragon must be forced out of Spain. Two wars in and I've pushed them back to 3-4 provinces on the coast, along with wiping out most of their navy.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

smittyohio

Lord help me, I resubscribed to Wow again, but just for a month.  That's my story.  A month.    Also plan to play some X-Com.

Arctic Blast

I've been enjoying Tomb Raider, and I'll likely continue playing that. My Gridiron Solitaire team is ready to face down season #2. And I've been receiving quite a few board games from local trades and the recent Canadian Math Trade, so I'll be reading rulebooks and at least try a few of them out this weekend...so that I can prepare a list of used stuff I might send off to one of the online stores who will give out store credit for them.  ;D

undercovergeek

Quote from: Kushan on January 24, 2014, 03:08:37 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on January 24, 2014, 01:33:44 PM

I allied with them in my current Austrian game. Right now I'm hoping I can maintain my Austria/Hungary/Bohemia power block if Burgundy or France comes calling for imperial territory. Hopefully Bohemia and Hungary don't decide to go to war anytime soon.....

I found out the other night, that if your are the curia controller, you can break royal marriages without suffering from the stability hit. Used it as Castille to break off my royal marriages with Aragon and Burgundy. Me and Aragon where good friends until their first ruler died, then the declared me a rival and broke off our alliance. I was able to maintain a decent relationship with them but not enough for them them to un-rival me and re-accept a alliance offer. Was hoping the Castile/Aragon royal marriage event would fire but now that I have all the other requirements I'm tired of waiting for it. Now Aragon must be forced out of Spain. Two wars in and I've pushed them back to 3-4 provinces on the coast, along with wiping out most of their navy.

i will be getting stuck into the game on Saturday, all this talk of cavlary and infantry got me lost in reinstalling Napoleon Total War with Darth Mod, particularly after seeing some sexy screenshots elsewhere

Toonces

I'm finally learning how to play Steel Beasts Pro so I'm sure I'll spend some more time with that.

As I'm feeling in a ground combat type of mood lately, I might play with ARMA 2 or Combined Arms as well.

Rounding out the weekend, BMS Falcon.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Toonces on January 24, 2014, 11:01:17 PM
I'm finally learning how to play Steel Beasts Pro so I'm sure I'll spend some more time with that.

We've got to connect for some co-op dude.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Apocalypse 31

Trying to enjoy  Insurgency Coop, but the official release patch has changed something with its netcode and I've yet to be able to play a full round without disconnecting.

They also changed a few things that I think were poor decisions, but still a fun tac-shooter

Toonces

I was just looking at that on Steam.  Looks very interesting.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

MetalDog

Got a Civ MP going and I am Spain.  I'm ahead in Tech, but Alexander and Napoleon have warred on me almost since the beginning.  My nation has only seven cities, but the army is experienced.  Unfortunately, it's too small.   Me and nappy are the same religion but he keeps trying to take my cities.  Hoping to have a period of peace to build infrastructure and ramp up production.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

W8taminute

I'm envious of you Barthheart.  Most of my real life friends are either not gamers or if they are they're married and thus shackled to responsibilities like I am.

This weekend I'm slowly losing my will to do anything other than play Dominions 4.  I'm feverishly prepping myself to enter another MP game soon.  I might even host one if I can figure out how to do that in Dom4.  It might be fairly easy to do I wouldn't know though.  Like I said all of my attention these past few days has been with my current SP game. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Toonces

So far all I've played is Red Orchestra 2/Rising Storm all weekend.   ::)