"You've Lost That Friday Feeling...." - Say it isn't so! F R I D A Y!!

Started by JudgeDredd, January 24, 2014, 03:15:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toonces

It appears I've gone all medieval tonight.  Just got done some King Arthur and now I think I'm gonna boot up some CK2.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

BanzaiCat

I did some more Civ V on a map I've not played yet, Small Continents. But, a Large map. I'm surprised at how much faster it actually runs on my poor old computer; seems my usual go-to maps, Terra or Continents Plus, run really reeeeeeally slow in the mid-to-late game. But this map, it's moving like a breeze.

Oh, and did return to Dragon Age: Origins for a bit - hadn't played since before the holidays. I'm still very early on and just released Sten from prison. A bunch of frikkin' wolves slaughtered my party, so I quit and decided to finish an episode of Chuck I'd been watching, followed by Hansel and Gretel, on Netflix.

My son's 15th b-day is tomorrow, so not sure how much gaming I'll get in. Since part of his haul is going to be game cards I imagine he's going to want to keep his head down for a few hours tomorrow. :)

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: smittyohio on January 24, 2014, 03:37:21 PM
Lord help me, I resubscribed to Wow again, but just for a month.  That's my story.  A month.    Also plan to play some X-Com.

hows the methadone working?  ;)
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Pinetree

I'm busy modding maps for Flashpoint Campaigns. Haven't had much chance to actually play anything. :D
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

Toonces

Man CK2 is a great game.  I don't know how you can only understand 50% or less of what a game is doing and still enjoy it, but there it is!   ;D
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

undercovergeek

Quote from: Toonces on January 26, 2014, 03:23:17 AM
Man CK2 is a great game.  I don't know how you can only understand 50% or less of what a game is doing and still enjoy it, but there it is!   ;D

this happens to me every time - currently reading the war of the roses book, full of family trees and if she married him, then he could do this, and they have a claim and blah blah blah - CKII goodness all over

bob48

Inspired by others, I may well dig out 'Blood and Bridges' for a couple of scenario's. I also have an urge to do a 'Desert Heat' AAR, although my photographic skills are noticeable by their absence.......
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Tuna

So far for me it's been FSX AirHauler and continuing my vanilla Rome 2 Campaign (I should get moving to I can either try out these MODs that all are talking about, or do a Caesar one).

Gusington

Got my arse kicked in one of the shortest Total War campaigns I've ever played as the Iceni on Friday...25 turns and I was wiped out! Harsh. The new patch for Rome II has clearly improved the AI in many ways :( much to my chagrin.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tuna

Quote from: Gusington on January 26, 2014, 12:23:54 PM
Got my arse kicked in one of the shortest Total War campaigns I've ever played as the Iceni on Friday...25 turns and I was wiped out! Harsh. The new patch for Rome II has clearly improved the AI in many ways :( much to my chagrin.

hmm.. I play on my Son's ID in offline mode.. Maybe I'll have to wait till I finish before signing in to update it. So ego won't get crushed!

Martok

Quote from: Gusington on January 26, 2014, 12:23:54 PM
I've not cracked open Rome II since I downloaded the beta 9 patch, but you've got me thinking I need to change that very soon.  Let the ego-crushing commence!  :P 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Gusington

^Yeah man, I can't wait to see what happens to some of the rest of you. 'Geek and I think Bawb had similar experiences. I've been playing Iceni exclusively this go around...my recent axing has me looking at a pimped out (modded) Suebi, perhaps a pimped out Nervii, and after that...the Spartans. Can't wait for that.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Never thought my weekend would be playing totally Gridiron Solitaire...but it was:)  Time to move onto something else for today......this morning I have been playing the hunter, which has been pretty cool....just concerns me if I get hooked, I can see a lot of money needed to the cool toys.

undercovergeek

for me it turned into a EUIV session - whilst i enjoy the grandeur of steering a nations future, i like the personal touch of CKII and steering the ambitions of my leader as opposed to the land

What it has led me to is that i have 2 great games on my hard drive - CKII and EUIV that have been unappreciated - and i intend to give them so more love this week

Nefaro

Quote from: undercovergeek on January 26, 2014, 07:59:48 PM
for me it turned into a EUIV session - whilst i enjoy the grandeur of steering a nations future, i like the personal touch of CKII and steering the ambitions of my leader as opposed to the land

What it has led me to is that i have 2 great games on my hard drive - CKII and EUIV that have been unappreciated - and i intend to give them so more love this week

Have you played a whole game of CK2 and then used the converter and carried on through a whole game of EU4 yet?