"They may take our lives, but they will never take our Fridaaaayyyyy!"

Started by undercovergeek, February 21, 2014, 05:57:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeck

Rome 2:  I am going to turn east and backstab my Greek allies and swarm them with my 10 legions

Next it's EU IV:  going to try Britain again and basically just rule the world you know the normal stuff

Then it's CMANO:  I know loving these new World War III scenarios people are putting out going to blow up a couple of Soviet naval fleets maybe some naval bases... Commies
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Nefaro

TOME aka Tales of Maj'Eyal.  It has a bajillion (1,297) achievements now that it's out on Steam.

Should be starting a new Crusader Kings 2 campaign sometime soon. 

Lots of solitaire-capable tabletop games to play, too. 

bbmike

Is someone keeping a list of all the "It's Friday" thread titles?  ;D
Looks like Civ5 for now. Not sure what else I'll squeeze in.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bob48

Due to total mayhem in the Bob household for the last few days, since we having a new kitchen fitted with a procession of builders/plumbers/electricians/plasterers traipsing about, gaming has taken a low profile, although I'm managing to mess about with HotB and IDD a bit.

On top of that, I've been engaged by my former employers as a consultant, so I'm spending a lot of time working on a project (they provided me with a laptop as well). That means earning some extra dosh to help pay for the above kitchen.

So much for a quiet retirement!
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Barthheart

Quote from: bob48 on February 21, 2014, 02:10:49 PM
Due to total mayhem in the Bob household for the last few days, since we having a new kitchen fitted with a procession of builders/plumbers/electricians/plasterers traipsing about, gaming has taken a low profile, although I'm managing to mess about with HotB and IDD a bit.

On top of that, I've been engaged by my former employers as a consultant, so I'm spending a lot of time working on a project (they provided me with a laptop as well). That means earning some extra dosh to help pay for the above kitchen.

So much for a quiet retirement!

Are they at least paying you more than you made as an employee?
More money to get HoS.  ;)

bob48

'Clip those corners'

JudgeDredd

Nice one bob. That's always the way. Add "consultant" to any job description and earn a whack more :-)
Alba gu' brath

bob48

Just a shame that the wicked old tax man will want some of it  :(

'Clip those corners'

W8taminute

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Kushan

Still in the midst of a really bad cold, so I doubt I'll do a lot of gaming this weekend. If I play anything it will probably be two normal "sick" games, Skyrim or Distant Worlds. In the middle of a MP match in Command as well, so I'll probably do a few turns of that as well.

Or I may just chug a bottle of nightquil and sleep all weekend.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

mikeck

"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

MetalDog

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on February 21, 2014, 09:03:06 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on February 21, 2014, 06:55:48 AMNot sure what it is, but, most of what has befuddled me in the past has become clear.

ya dun git smarter by osmosis hanging out here.

While I certainly agree with that, I will have to credit the EUIII Wiki and a dollop of experience with past Paradox games.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

So I'm looking at this sale for Heroes of Might and Magic and someone asks on the Steam forums which is better, HMM or Wizardry 8. Good question- I'm not familiar with the Wizardry series.  Let's go on Gamespot and check it out!

Hmmmm, sounds neat.  Ok, maybe I should head over to Steam and pick it up and maybe Wizardry 6 and 7 to go along with it!

Thinking...you know, this sounds kind of familiar.  Did I buy a game like this on GoG not too long ago?  Let me check.... well what do you know, I have Wizardry 6, 7, AND 8 all in my GoG games!

Doh!   :o   ::)
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs