Graviteam Tactics: Mius-Front

Started by Asid, March 03, 2014, 09:02:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-budd-

Looks good, i just wish they would simplify the UI or write a better manual. When i step away from the game for a few months its like you have to learn the UI all over again. Hopefully they have someone writing a UI instruction manual already.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Hofstadter

As soon as the game comes out ill do a tutorial based off the russian manual, i speak russian so hopefully going through it in their language would clear things up a bit.
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

-budd-

Quote from: Hofstadter on February 25, 2016, 07:17:18 PM
As soon as the game comes out ill do a tutorial based off the russian manual, i speak russian so hopefully going through it in their language would clear things up a bit.
Tthat would be great. You should do one just on the UI functions, that will take up at least one video maybe more and i know a lot of people would appreciate it.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

TacticalWargames

Not sure why people have an issue with GTOS UI. Esp the tactical part. Really all you have to do is select your unit, press space bar then choose the order.

As for the recent Muis Front screenshots, it seems it's battles are at a much larger scale..epic even. Also love the STuka markings\details. Though one of my petty pet hates is not having transparent glass for the planes so you can't see the pilot. Annoys me when games do that.

I'm hoping it gets released around Easter, Summer at the latest.

Asid

War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Moreb

When dongles fly? - mirth

Moreb

The game is to be released March 9th

http://www.graviteam.ua/tactics/57-gt-mius-front.html#

I haven't followed MF too closely but I'm a bit dissapointed that infantry characteristics weren't enhanced at all. To me, this was the one sorely lacking areas. Also from what I understand you won't even be able to fine tune squads to get them into a more favorable position. I hope I'm wrong there.

And lastly, still looks like the same lo res buildings. Seems like they spend so much time on smoke and wind effects that they could have spent a little effort on those two areas.

RyanE

Is it integrated with Operation Star and its DLC, or is this a completely separate game?

Moreb

RyanE

SO I assume that means none of the DLC works.

Moreb

No, they will continue to work with Operation Star.   ;D

Hofstadter

My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

sandman2575

Quote from: Moreb on February 27, 2016, 05:37:09 PM

I haven't followed MF too closely but I'm a bit dissapointed that infantry characteristics weren't enhanced at all. To me, this was the one sorely lacking areas. Also from what I understand you won't even be able to fine tune squads to get them into a more favorable position. I hope I'm wrong there.

Agree that's disappointing. Modeling infantry combat is still one area that Combat Mission far excels Graviteam Op Star. It's one of the main reasons I play CM a lot more than Op Star.

Regardless, this is an instant first day purchase. Just glad we finally have a date -- and even better, that date's soon!

Krabb

Perhaps the release date is 30.02.201*?

Please wait for the official announcement, it is not necessary to post strange things from incomprehensible sources.

sandman2575

So March 9 is not confirmed?  *sigh*

Doesn't look like an "incomprehensible source" to me -- it's Graviteams own site. When it was last updated though -- that's anyone's guess...