Graviteam Tactics: Mius-Front

Started by Asid, March 03, 2014, 09:02:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krabb

Quote from: sandman2575 on February 28, 2016, 09:35:08 AMSo March 9 is not confirmed?  *sigh*
No.

Quote from: sandman2575 on February 28, 2016, 09:35:08 AM...it's Graviteams own site...
Not exactly. Graviteam's site is graviteam.com.

Moreb

Quote from: Krabb on February 28, 2016, 09:30:08 AM
Perhaps the release date is 30.02.201*?

Please wait for the official announcement, it is not necessary to post strange things from incomprehensible sources.

Well you might want to correct those here

http://steamcommunity.com/app/275290/discussions/0/412448158154726885/

The page looked legit complete with copyright info on the bottom of the page. But now that you are here maybe you can speak about the  lo res buildings from many years ago being used and sticking out like a sore thumb or the stop, drop, stand, take step, stop and repeat actions of the infantry that so many people disliked. Not much info out on infantry updates that I know of.

When dongles fly? - mirth

Moreb

Quote from: Asid on February 26, 2016, 03:29:53 PM

Such a beautiful shot, minus the Furbie poking out at the treeline.

sandman2575

Quote from: Krabb on February 28, 2016, 09:41:15 AM
Quote from: sandman2575 on February 28, 2016, 09:35:08 AMSo March 9 is not confirmed?  *sigh*
No.

All these years later, I should've known better than to expect Graviteam to issue a clear definitive statement about, well, anything.

BFC gets tons of grief around here, but I've honestly never encountered a game developer that tops Graviteam when it comes to disregard bordering on contempt for its fans and potential customers......

RyanE

The term I think fits Graviteam is ambivalence towards customers the marketing.

Moreb

Quote from: sandman2575 on February 28, 2016, 08:41:16 AM
Quote from: Moreb on February 27, 2016, 05:37:09 PM

I haven't followed MF too closely but I'm a bit dissapointed that infantry characteristics weren't enhanced at all. To me, this was the one sorely lacking areas. Also from what I understand you won't even be able to fine tune squads to get them into a more favorable position. I hope I'm wrong there.

Agree that's disappointing. Modeling infantry combat is still one area that Combat Mission far excels Graviteam Op Star. It's one of the main reasons I play CM a lot more than Op Star.

Regardless, this is an instant first day purchase. Just glad we finally have a date -- and even better, that date's soon!

I just could never get into CMx2 at all. Its been a while since I played a scenario of CMBN, and only played a few, but it just never jived with me. I disliked the cartoonish, scrubbed clean environment, The shadows, the blinking vegetation, horrible hedge rows, realtime, and the performance on what should have ran it easily. I wanted to love it so bad especially since I was around heavily during the CMx1 beta days

I came upon APOS and put it down after 20 minutes thinking it complete garbage. About 6 months later I decided to stick it out and persevere through the UI to discover one of the most under rated games in the history of gaming.

Huge Maps, large battles, incredible dynamic lighting, strat maps, operational maps, tense night time silence interrupted by chaos , changing weather effects {storms roll in and out, sun rises and sets changing shadow location etc.}, actual trenches, great tank graphics, incredible fighting over many days, reinforcements and reinforcement phase, on screen planes, destroyable trees and buildings, AFV riders, AFV blowing to pieces, AFV continued explosions from ammo, night flares and so much more.

IMO, it is the best of the best for me. First day purchase even if it was $200.

mikeck

I love graviteam games...but i don't think anyone is saying they aren't great games....just that graviteam doesn't seem to care about its customers
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Asid

I know there is disappointment about the release date. MF is a highly anticipated title.

Regarding the devs. I will not try and defend them. I do not need to. What I will say though is their first language is not English. I have contacted them many times. They replied promptly. Sometimes within an hour. I have asked for certain features to be implemented and where possible they were. The devs would explain why certain things were the way they were and why certain things could not be done. They have a great attention to detail and this can cause delays. They are a small team. Under 5 I believe and not all are full time. They are working in an environment that has had and is still being affected by political issues and turmoil.

I have many, many software titles and have spoken to quite a few devs. Some of which have quite an aggressive, arrogant, negative, condescending stance towards their customers. My strong belief and experience is that Graviteam are good guys.

I will let you know as soon as I find out when there is a release date. Hang in there. It is most definitely worth it.  :)

Regards
War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Moreb

I think they have been very guarded since being burned by a prior developer (Paradox?).

A lot of consternation from the community came from their admittedly archaic patching process and the ambiguous patch naming.

You are correct on the language barrier.

Poster:    I'd like to be able to have more control over xyz...

Andre:     You not not have more you get less....

;) ;) ;)

Moreb

Does anybody know if this mode is still available to play in? Is it the Tactical Map?

I certainly hope so.

Hofstadter

Where are all these different UI's coming from, how old is that screenshot
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

Moreb

Old.

Grabbed it from the net but was wondering if the tactical map (as shown above) is still being used. Loved playing the slow and moving parts in this mode. IMO, it is just another thing that set this game apart from the others.

Hofstadter

I would assume they still have it, they also used it in their other game Steel Armor. No reason to get rid of it
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

Pete Dero

The game is to be released March 9th

http://www.graviteam.ua/tactics/57-gt-mius-front.html#

Unfortunately they removed march 9th from the site and now it only mentions release in 2016 ....

Asid

Quote from: Pete Dero on February 29, 2016, 11:37:43 AM

The game is to be released March 9th

http://www.graviteam.ua/tactics/57-gt-mius-front.html#

Unfortunately they removed march 9th from the site and now it only mentions release in 2016 ....

Hi Pete

The site is not the official one. This one is: http://graviteam.com/

Regards
War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying