Graviteam Tactics: Mius-Front

Started by Asid, March 03, 2014, 09:02:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RyanE

So either way, March 9th doesn't look promising.

Asid

Quote from: RyanE on February 29, 2016, 12:12:09 PM
So either way, March 9th doesn't look promising.
Unfortunately not :(

It will be worth the wait. I know...Little consolation.

I will post as soon as I have definite info on release date.

Regards
War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Pete Dero

Quote from: Asid on February 29, 2016, 12:09:16 PM
Hi Pete

The site is not the official one. This one is: http://graviteam.com/

Regards

According to this very good french website  http://www.wargamer.fr/graviteam-tactics-mius-front-teaser-et-screenshots/ both sites are official ?

Pour plus d'informations sur Graviteam Tactics – Mius-Front, voyez cette page sur Facebook ainsi que cette page sur le site officiel. Ou celle-ci aussi sur l'autre site officiel, page sur laquelle on apprend d'ailleurs que la sortie du jeu pourrait en théorie avoir lieu en mars prochain. A lire aussi en complément si besoin notre article Operation Star, étoile au firmament des wargames ?

Asid

Steam Page Live

Graviteam Tactics: Mius-Front - tactical battalion level combat simulation. Action takes place in the summer of 1943 at Mius river and Saur-Mogila tumulus area of over 140 sq. km. Four large-scale operations for the Red Army and Wehrmacht.
Release Date: Coming soon

Steam page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/312980/?snr=1_5_1100__1100

About This Game
Graviteam Tactics: Mius-Front - tactical battalion level combat simulation. It is a sequel to Graviteam Tactics: Operation Star and Achtung Panzer: Kharkov 1943.

Game is comprised of two modes:
•   Operational - turn-based mode where you can shift and concentrate forces in the chosen directions, resupply and replace units, repair and refuel vehicles.
•   Tactical - real-time mode where you are conducting fire combat with the enemy, capturing territory, destroying vehicles and the enemy manpower.

Four large-scale operations for the Red Army and Wehrmacht with realistic organizational structure. The campaign features more than 100 detailed vehicles produced in USSR, Germany, US and UK. Over 140 sq. km of realistic landscapes were reconstructed from topographical maps and photo and video materials.
•   New enhanced UI: streamlined interface of various panels, radial orders menu and other enhancements.
•   Interface appearance and customization: three variants of appearance are included, customizable unit markers (Red Army, Wehrmacht, NATO).
•   High replayability and advanced AI, which selects the best strategy based on behavior, not a predetermined script.
•   Advanced management of forces in the operational phase: reinforcement strategies and management of reserves.
•   Statistics keeping: performance of each unit is recorded (kills, losses, awards, etc.). After each battle, damages and condition of forces and vehicles are shown in the after battle statistics.
•   Battlefield simulation: realistic vision devices, smoke screens and flares, creation of trenches, explosion craters. Remnants of previous battles remain on the battlefield until the end of operation.
•   Realistic soldier behavior: each soldier has several essential parameters, such as experience level, stamina and morale, which influence their behavior and effectiveness.
•   Detailed weapon modeling and realistic ballistics: bullets and projectiles follow ballistic trajectories, taking wind, temperature and other parameters into account.
•   Advanced armor penetration: modeling based on ballistic histograms without simplifications of probabilistic methods, generation of secondary fragmentation fields takes into account many parameters, such as the change of the field shape in space, fragments and armor characteristics, armor thickness and damage conditions.
•   Complex vehicle damage system: engine, suspension, sights, weapons and targeting mechanisms can be damaged separately, affecting the combat capabilities.
•   Destructible environment: almost everything can be blown up and destroyed, from landscape surface and buildings to vehicles and enemy defensive installations.
•   Advanced control of the off-map artillery, featuring various fuse settings and shell types.
•   Formation and movement modes: lines and columns, movement by road and covertly, infantry following behind tanks, setting a delay, fire sectors, etc.
•   Automatic smoke screen laying: units set up smoke screens when enemy is spotted.
•   Dynamic change of the time of day, light sources and weather effects, influence the course of battle, visibility and area passability.

Also, you can view detailed info on each unit in the interactive encyclopedia. Interactive tutorial explaining most aspects of the game is included.
War in Pieces

sandman2575

Once again, Asid, you are doing nothing to reduce my extreme, extreme impatience for this game to come out.

Steam page up.... so close... and yet...   

Pete Dero

And this week sale (-75% and -80%) on Operation Star base game and all the DLC's : http://store.steampowered.com/app/275290/

sandman2575

Asid, I seem to recall reading ages ago on the Graviteam forums that Mius Front was going to include the Panther?  Do you know if that became reality? Of all the media I've seen, don't think I've seen an image of it -- plenty of Mk IVs and Marders, but no Panthers........

EDIT -- nevermind -- Dane55 had posted a shot of a Panther in progress, but Andrey said no Panthers in Mius and wasn't sure what if anything was going to become of the model....   :-\   I guess the historical time-frame for Mius operations depicted are too early, late '42 / early '43, so pre-Kursk and before panzer units were being equipped with the Panther.

Interesting then. The most potent armor for Wehrmacht will be the Mk IVG and the StuG III (the Marder should give some good defensive backbone, but not nearly as useful in an assault scenario...)

Asid

Graviteam Tactics: Mius-Front Teaser 1

Published on Feb 29, 2016
War in Pieces

Asid

User guide: Click Here

Pages: 49
Version: 2016.02.08
War in Pieces

sandman2575

Manual's not super helpful -- but it seems to confirm that Mius's UI will be pretty familiar to Op Star players, which is all to the good.

Hofstadter

I think i read something in there about automatic smoke laying. I hope thats true. I always thought it was stupid the only smoke I could use was from arty
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

Moreb

I appreciate your dedication Asid.

Man oh Man am I excited. This is the most anticipated release for me in a long, long time. I was late to the party with AP:OS, only discovering the Matrix version but, have bought everything twice nearly including on Steam.

Any word on if the tac. map is in this version for sure? I havent seen any screens of it.

When dongles fly? - mirth

Asid

Quote from: sandman2575 on February 29, 2016, 02:15:23 PM
Asid, I seem to recall reading ages ago on the Graviteam forums that Mius Front was going to include the Panther?  Do you know if that became reality? Of all the media I've seen, don't think I've seen an image of it -- plenty of Mk IVs and Marders, but no Panthers........
Hi sandman

sorry for the late reply. It is true that the Panther will not be in Mius front. The Panther was not used in that operation and Graviteam like historical accuracy..

Regards
War in Pieces

Asid

Quote from: Moreb on February 29, 2016, 07:50:54 PM
I appreciate your dedication Asid.

Man oh Man am I excited. This is the most anticipated release for me in a long, long time. I was late to the party with AP:OS, only discovering the Matrix version but, have bought everything twice nearly including on Steam.
Graviteam are a developer ,in my opinion, that is worth supporting. Great products. Great service. Sensible prices. They are overlooked by many, which is a pity. If you have any interest in the theatres they represent or this kind of game, then you should take a look.

Better late than never  :)

Quote from: Moreb on February 29, 2016, 07:50:54 PM
Any word on if the tac. map is in this version for sure? I havent seen any screens of it.
Hi Moreb

The tactical map is in Mius Front. Just like Operation Star you press "F10" to access it.

Regards

War in Pieces

Asid

Interface in a tactical battle

Tactical map

3D view
War in Pieces